THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

It's been one week since my shipment from Ideal Poultry arrived!

We did put down the chick with crossbeak. :( I got very uncomfortable watching her suffer and my other Pullets started pecking her. It's amazing to me that they knew at a day or two old to gang up in the one that was the weakest link.

Anyway, the rest of my 6 Pullets are doing very well! Thriving, eat and drinking like crazy. :) they are feathering out nicely.
Thought I would post pictures, but the site won't let me. I'm guessing there is a problem somewhere. I'll post them once everything is resolved.

It's been one week since my shipment from Ideal Poultry arrived!

We did put down the chick with crossbeak.
sad.png
I got very uncomfortable watching her suffer and my other Pullets started pecking her. It's amazing to me that they knew at a day or two old to gang up in the one that was the weakest link.

Anyway, the rest of my 6 Pullets are doing very well! Thriving, eat and drinking like crazy.
smile.png
they are feathering out nicely.
Thought I would post pictures, but the site won't let me. I'm guessing there is a problem somewhere. I'll post them once everything is resolved.
I am having problems posting pics too! Sorry about the loss of you little one, but she won't live a life of suffering, And I would have done the same.

It is working now!!!!
yesss.gif
Here are some of my chicks:

First, a group shot (from a few days ago, before they had feathers everywhere)

The Buff Orp's "Curious Look"

And some EE's!!

Relaxing in the shade after a good meal:

mystery #1 polish I think!

My three blue silkies hang out a lot!!

Mystery #2 is a feather legged bantam of some type!

Mystery #3 is yellow with black raving stripes and white feathers coming in!

And all 4 silkies together!

Does anyone have a chick that is friendlier than the rest? Our Belgian D'Uccle is very friendly. Here is a story that happened today: our Belgian D'Uccle (baby is her name) refused to stay in her spot by my bed ( I brought 3 downstairs with me). She kept running back to me, I was lying down near her and she refused to stay, she kept nuzzling against my neck and going to sleep, I ended up falling asleep and had an hour nap with her there. It was amazingly cute! I consider 3 of our 8 more friendly than the rest, and the other 5 are still friendly, but like staying with each other more than people.
that's baby sleeping from yesterday. Also yesterday she was learning to fly onto my shoulder, she then flew up to my head, lol. :)

mystery #1 polish I think!

My three blue silkies hang out a lot!!

Mystery #2 is a feather legged bantam of some type!

Mystery #3 is yellow with black raving stripes and white feathers coming in!
And all 4 silkies together!
I think that mystery chick 1 is a polish too! I'm thinking maybe White Crested Blue, maybe black polish?
You say mystery chick 2 is a bantam? If so then I think it's a Cochin.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a chick that is friendlier than the rest? Our Belgian D'Uccle is very friendly. Here is a story that happened today: our Belgian D'Uccle (baby is her name) refused to stay in her spot by my bed ( I brought 3 downstairs with me). She kept running back to me, I was lying down near her and she refused to stay, she kept nuzzling against my neck and going to sleep, I ended up falling asleep and had an hour nap with her there. It was amazingly cute! I consider 3 of our 8 more friendly than the rest, and the other 5 are still friendly, but like staying with each other more than people.
that's baby sleeping from yesterday. Also yesterday she was learning to fly onto my shoulder, she then flew up to my head, lol. :)

I know what you mean I have 4 silver coronation sussex. All are friendly, but Fancy follows me dreamily. Content away from the flock. She often begs to be picked up. Loves being zipped in my jacket. It is sometimes easier to carry her, because when I stop,... who is on my foot? Fancy! I worry I may step on her. :love

Chickmom sorry about the loss of your baby. It's really hard especially when you have to put them down yourself.

bltchicken sorry to hear that your little one didn't make it. I was really hopeful after you said that she was starting to act a bit better. And sorry I can't help I.D. your mystery chicks.

So I don't know about anyone else's chicks, but mine like to get wood shavings in their water and feeder. Both are up on a small piece of two by four to elevate them, but they still somehow find a way. Anyone have any helpful suggestions? I am starting to dislike the smell of wet chicken shavings and I know they are too small to put out with the bigger girls yet, even though tomorrow I am starting the play pen method with them. I figure if i do that for a week or two then they should be roughly the same size as my EE's and able to put them out there.

Xiao, your chicks are so cute. One of your EE's looks just like one of mine did and the other one, the more brown one, I can't wait to see how that one feathers out. I'll have to take some pictures of my girls later when I go in to check on them again. My SLW is starting to get silver on her head and neck and my poor brahma is still a really ugly teenager. I feel so bad for that poor chick.

Chickmom sorry about the loss of your baby.  It's really hard especially when you have to put them down yourself.

bltchicken sorry to hear that your little one didn't make it.  I was really hopeful after you said that she was starting to act a bit better.  And sorry I can't help I.D. your mystery chicks.

So I don't know about anyone else's chicks, but mine like to get wood shavings in their water and feeder.  Both are up on a small piece of two by four to elevate them, but they still somehow find a way.  Anyone have any helpful suggestions?  I am starting to dislike the smell of wet chicken shavings and I know they are too small to put out with the bigger girls yet, even though tomorrow I am starting the play pen method with them.  I figure if i do that for a week or two then they should be roughly the same size as my EE's and able to put them out there.

Xiao, your chicks are so cute.  One of your EE's looks just like one of mine did and the other one, the more brown one, I can't wait to see how that one feathers out.  I'll have to take some pictures of my girls later when I go in to check on them again.   My SLW is starting to get silver on her head and neck and my poor brahma is still a really ugly teenager.  I feel so bad for that poor chick.

I have been training mine to chicken nipples. They are cheap and easy to install in a bottle or pvc pipe and you always know they have clean water.

Back
Top Bottom