They love their new pen

OurLittlebitRanch

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 2, 2012
Pueblo, Colorado
My dad and brother spend a good part of the day building an enclosure to put my turkeys in. My mom and I moved the rest of them outside today. They love it, all 50 of them!!
!
I am sure it won't be long before we have to expand this pen! The little guys strut around all puffed up. Its pretty cute, I will try to get a better picture soon!

Congrats on the turkeys! You will surely have your hands full when they get bigger
wink.png

Thats what I say 50 lord I thought I had enough with 17 LOL thats going to take a lot of room when they get full grown...... what breed are they?.

Is this your first batch or have you had Turkeys in the past.
They are all Broad Breasted, mostly Bronze but a few white. They actually scare me when they are bigger, 50 of them will be a nightmare!
We tried to raise turkeys years ago and didn't have much luck. Decided to try again, better luck this time but we still lost a lot when they were little. Since we moved them to this pen........ so far so good. hopefully it stays that way!!

That's impressive! I only have 13 ( had 15 but lost 2 at 2 days old) and that seemed like an outrageous amount to me. I'm used to it now that they are 6 weeks, but not sure what I'm gonna do when they are full grown. You are going to have your hands full when they are all full grown! Are your processing them yourself? Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom