They're here, they're here!! **Update, pics added**

outdoorschik

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 21, 2009
Post office called and I picked up my delivery from My Pet Chicken
smile.png

12 mixed brown egg layers, it's like a grab bag. Will try and get pics up later. They are sooo cute!
Question... there is one with literally no fluff on its neck and a tuft on its head, is it possible they sent me a naked neck in this batch? It doesn't look pecked, it looks, well naked.
Second question, there is a teeny black one in there, they've all been pecking it for the whole trip, lost fluff on its back and neck look almost raw, what do I do? It is eatting and drinking ok though.

Last edited:
yes it is possible they sent you a naked neck because they are great brown egg layers and far as the picked one goes try to seperate it and let it heal before you put it back with them

I am thinking of placing a small order of five or six with MPC. I gather you have had a good experience with them then?

Looking forward to the pics...especially the little naked neck!
wink.png

It was a great experience, good email communication, and especially with no losses thus far. I like how they ship them, though i have nothing to compare it to (never done this before
smile.png
) They had some green gel like stuff in the box to feed off of and a heat pack. Fingers crossed but I think I've got some silver laced Wyandottes in there... that's one of the possibilities that they send and the chicks look like that type of chick... I was hoping b/c i really like the look of that breed.

That's great to hear. They are the only ones I can order in small quantity. I've got them in the basket just waiting to hit the purchase button.

Wooo Hoooo new chicks. Congrats. You might want to try no-peck or blue kote on the pecked chick. It will help heal and will keep the others from pecking so much. Good Luck

I believe My Pet Chicken gets their birds from Meyers. I got my delivery today too from Meyers.
... all were happy and healthy minus one with slight spraddle legging (splint applied, it will be fine in a day or so!). So grats...!!

Back
Top Bottom