Things you never said until you had chickens.......

on the subject of medication for chicken addictions, I don't think they do offer a medicine. simply because no one knows what to call it. decluck? hatchacillin? coopill?

yuckyuck.gif

Our funny remark requires a little back story! My husband cut the bottom off a 55 gallon drum to fill for our chickens and ducks to drink. Only problem is, our ducks like to swim in it and subsequently poop in it. So every few days we have to totally dump it all out and refill with clean water. Well, I hated just pouring it out on the ground, because I figured it would be really good for my garden. So one evening my daughter and I experimented and baled out the duck poo water and mixed it with clean water and watered the garden with it. (By the way, the plants LOVED it; they grew overnight!) But the funny thing I caught myself saying was, "C'mon Emily! Let's go get more duck poo water!" Made me chuckle to myself!

How about,

"Don't pick up (so and so), she just got poop foot."

"OMG, what's THAT Penny just caught... she's EATING it!!"

"Honey, (so and so) needs some vent work" (This during pasty butt period in chicks' lives)

While at farmstand, farmers' market, or produce aisle- "Hey, let's get this for the hens!"

Back
Top Bottom