Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Dad: Brooke, there is some-
Me: Chicken poop on the stoop I know.
Dad: How'd you guess?! Oh, probably cause it's there all the time.
Me:
roll.png

Last night, I went out to see the feather butts right after work....

My Delaware Blonde comes running up to me as usual and demands to be picked up. (She will peck at my knees until I pick her up. I call her my toddler.) Anyway, Lindsey tried to stick her beak in my mouth to get my gum.

Me: No, Linds, you may not have mama's gum. God, you really are a toddler, aren't you?

I guess she likes peppermint. lol

xD It's been a while since I've posted here, and reading through a lot of them. they sound familiar. Had one just this morning again.

"Joe!! You pooped on Solomon!! How could you? Now Solomon needs a bath." *Sniff* "It's not just POOP, Either you little... It's CECALS!!"
sickbyc.gif

(We have Old English Game bantams for the fair, and one gets to run with the hens because he's not as mean to them as the other. Well, the one who was running with the girls walked under the other one's cage, and the one in the cage showed him what he thought of the free runner... He has a streak of runny yellow...cecal matter.... running down his buff hackles. Looks like i'm giving a bantam a bath after my walk today.)

To my husband and kids as we were packing up to head to the beach for a big family Fourth - "I don't care what other people think! We are taking the two little chickens on vacation with us! Now put them in the dog crate and stop complaining!

"Eat this bug, I said E.A.T it ..eeeaaaaatttt it ..It's JUST a cricket ...you WILL like it ..YOU will LOVE it ..it's just a bug!! "

" The baby bunnie isn't going to hurt you! It is 4 times smaller than you! Stop being such a chicken!" (Lol
lau.gif
gig.gif
)

Stop zigzagging when you run it is harder for me to catch you!

Last edited:
You want to stay up there all night? Fine! But don't come sqwuaking to me if something tries to eat you!

Said this just last night to a couple of birds roosting in a tree too high for me to reach them and put them back in the coop.

Shut the front door honey, donna and rose keep going upstairs, rose seems to want to lay an egg on the bed.

My two year old daughter Emma is watching tv and cuddling a cockerel.

Don't feed the chickens pringles darling.

Rose stole Emmas cheese and ran off with it.

Back
Top Bottom