Things you never said until you had chickens.......

"Close the bathroom door so the dog doesn't scare the chickens."

"Going to tuck the girls in for the night."

To the dog: "Don't eat the chicken poop!" or "Stop sniffing the chickens' butts!"

To the rooster: "Don't crow in my face." or "Don't peck me in the butt unless there is a bug there." - he has a habit of pecking at the metal parts on my jeans when I'm weeding the garden.

Strangest thing I've been asked - "Can I have some chicken poop?"

Hold on honey while I clean the poo off her butt hole. Or I better clean this poo up I don't want her dragging her head through it (before she recovered from wry neck) or look at that poo that's a good one! Or that cecal poo sure smells.! Or my favorite hold on I'm blow drying my chicken!

I was scolding my flock after my NN was attacked by one of them I told them "Since I don't know who attacked Concorde I am punishing you all,No treats today for any of you!" I went out to check the water levels and they all came running to me thinking I had a treat for them all of them begging for their treats. So far I have stuck to my word on the no treats today,but man do they make it hard to stick to my guns when they beg and follow me everywhere.

While talking on the phone to my husband while he was out of town, "hay, we've got peeping toms!".

Said to chickens while the 25 ducklings escaped the brooder into their pen, "duck invasion of the fourth kind!"

Said to my neibor who was out of town, "your dogs didnt eat their food today." She replied, "theyre probably fulla chicken"....not funny

"The neibors grandkids are going to be upset, Dirty's a rooster and were going to have to eat him."

Me, to hubby when we discovered that someone had cut a hole in the fence on our chicken pen, "I am going to have to find out if shooting the *& %#er is legal under any circumstances " he responded that I can't shoot anyone for messing with my chickens and I said I have a right to protect my kids!

Me, to hubby when we discovered that someone had cut a hole in the fence on our chicken pen, "I am going to have to find out if shooting the *& %#er is legal under any circumstances " he responded that I can't shoot anyone for messing with my chickens and I said I have a right to protect my kids!
I couldn't agree more! Lol

I couldn't agree more! Lol

just dig a hole first and do a good job replacing the sod LOL. anyone caught entering one of my chicken coops without permission will be caught exiting the coop on a stretcher completely covered.

I was scolding my flock after my NN was attacked by one of them I told them "Since I don't know who attacked Concorde I am punishing you all,No treats today for any of you!" I went out to check the water levels and they all came running to me thinking I had a treat for them all of them begging for their treats. So far I have stuck to my word on the no treats today,but man do they make it hard to stick to my guns when they beg and follow me everywhere.

I know! Whenever my chickens see me, they charge to the corner of the pen, clucking and asking for food.

just dig a hole first and do a good job replacing the sod LOL. anyone caught entering one of my chicken coops without permission will be caught exiting the coop on a stretcher completely covered.

I live in Fl and fish inthe swamp.... There are some hungry gators there, so maybe I should just take a fishing trip! *evil grin*

Back
Top Bottom