Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Birds of a feather ...
highfive.gif

Oh, look! You're getting your big girl feathers!

It's time to move you out of your crib and into your brand new big girl house. (from brooder to coop)

That's the girls' stroller (chicken tractor). I call it Poultry in Motion.

And, the all time most incredible thing I thought I'd never hear myself say before I got chickens:

"I just spent $5000 to have a chicken coop built." <sigh> The cost of living by ones' self is high.

"My back hurts!"
" God I need to go to the waterpark to get me some relief from all this work!"
"I bet you my pet is WAY better than yours!"

Soak them in water and be very gentle when you clean their poopy butt!
Honey did you count them before you locked them up? Are you sure they were all in? Where's futoe? You know she's not as smart as the others.
My rooster is out to get me! Anyone want a rooster? Yay, we got 7 eggs today!

*said right as my brothers walked through the door* " OMG! YOU LAID AN EGG?! YOU MUST BE SO PROUD" ROOSTER COMES IN AND CHECKS THE EMPTY NESTING BOX " WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME THE EVIL EYE? I KNOW YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD BOY!"

my brother said this after he threw an ear of corn and it landed by one of the girls who jumped "i thought that only happened in minecraft
ep.gif
" and their exsact face was
yesss.gif

and the fact that i can have conversations with my older brother about which breeds we should get in the car with his friends giving the "what the heck is going on" face.

oh gosh my family is too funny but i always forget what stupid things my brothers say :p
bow.gif
i will listen more carefully from now on!

"Every morning their life goal is to steal corn from the pantry." (the pantry is the springhouse that i keep their food in)

"Mom!! This morning my chickens knocked over my rabbits' food bowls trying to steal corn from the pantry!!"

"They did WHAT?"

"Got corn from the pantry!!"

This was my Mom's exact face:
ep.gif
And then I realized: "OOhhhh, Mom, don't worry, it was just the springhouse not our pantry."

"oohhh, okay. That relieves me."

Back
Top Bottom