Things you never said until you had chickens.......

" Those dang chickens tore my flowers to shreds! "
" Will you shutup crowing? It's 3o'clock in the morning, the sun isn't even up! "
" Just because she's smaller than you doesn't mean you have to pick on her, I'll fry your butt up and have you for dinner if you do it again! " (Me yelling at one of my hens for picking on the young one)
" Of course it's good for the grass, what do you think all those farmers spread in their feilds?"
"Why is that chicken peering in the window?"
"We have to get a few more hens, that one can't seem to catch a break"

out of my flock so far, there is only one hen that has such a cute fuzzy butt to me. I said to her aloud: "What a cute fuzzybutt you have"

When my rooster crows, I can crow softer or louder. it trips him up. Then I bark like a dog or meow like a cat and it get even worse.

I even mimik sounds of my hens. When they say like Eh! like whatever! or So what? like a sound like a brat... I had a bantam chick say something that sounded like it was mine, mine, mine... it was like mah mah mah or wih wih wih... i can't remember now... but i copy their snobbish sounds. someone help me here... not the egg songs... and also momma bird when they sleep at night she goes like ahhhh softly and cutely like she's trying to adjust her body position... ah like don't peck me there or scoot over baby. they make all kinds of dinosaur noises.
D.gif
Try mimicking a cat trill they seem to love it and my cat Oogie uses it to address me especialy as a greeting it's gotten so it sounds like he's trying to convers with me. for example, "Brrrrrrrrrt?(the cat) " whats up ? you think it's crunchy time?" Brrrrrrmow." And skeptics say they can't talk
lau.gif

i am loving this thread,

chicken nipples is the funniest and i had never even realised how funny it sounds until i read it on here. Mine are in the post and i can't wait now to be able to skip through the house when they arrive singing yippee my chicken nipples have arrived.
lau.gif

stop pecking my leg jasmine.

doogie stop eating the chicken poo (dog)

Rosie srop eating the dog poo (chicken)

I love going in the coop after bed and listening to the soft quiet muttering they make and of course i have to speak back in chicken speak
I think

i
I'd tell rosie "don't you dare wipe your beak on me after going thru Doogie's do!"
lau.gif

Me: Why does my girl like you better.
Hubby: I'm the chicken whisperer.

"Good chickey scratch that poo away"

"I'll be ready after I mix these worms with dinner"

I recently put a diaper on my silkie and he fell forward and layed there lol so my mom said you depressed him give him some yogurt!

I often think if people heard the conversations going on and didn't know I had chickens they would lock me up and throw away the key lol!

Last edited:
Lately, instead of saying that someone balked at an idea, I say they "bocked" at it. It makes sense to DH, but other people look at me odd until I realize what I have said.
When entering the coop with treats I say, "Ready? Set? GO!!" as I put the bowl down. Never saw that coming!

been lurking here for the last few months learning and such, you folks are far too funny, never understood 'chicken lingo' till now lol, I am a first time proud Mama to 14 RIRs (2 1/2 weeks old), my contribution to the thread thus far

...... oh crap, well I already have poop on me I'm not changing now

....... ummm I am not food, don't eat the Momma

...... Ringo (my dog), don't eat the nuggets (my chicks) lol

...... spill my beer and you will be swimming with the dumplins!!
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom