Things you wish you could say

"I understand the overall dimension of your space is 4" x 8" and you want a 1 inch gap all around. Your graphic is 4:1 ratio, not 3:1 to fit a 2x6 space. If I make it fit your specs, it will not look like the actual graphic, but will be stretched vertically and smooshed lengthwise. I really urge you to drop the 1" spacer and let me do this right to cleanly fill the space."

Unfortunately, I cannot tell the client this as he's an exec at work, this is a non-work related 3d print for a special project, and he won't listen anyway. :p
Just give him a smooshed one at his specifications and just laugh at the WTF look he gives you. 🤣

I agree. HR sees the range of emotions. Anger, aggression, disbelief, laughter, denial.

I had denial at the first one. Then I was amused. It pissed off the boss. Good. The best thing they did was send me to another job. I was not thriving there. The HR lady cried because they were doing a whole day of layoffs. Rough on both sides of the table.

I had relief at the second one. I stayed because I needed the money and the conditions were slightly below bearable. We made it fun.

Don't be scared of change. If you don't like the change, change it again. Change is good. You go first.

I agree. HR sees the range of emotions. Anger, aggression, disbelief, laughter, denial.

I had denial at the first one. Then I was amused. It pissed off the boss. Good. The best thing they did was send me to another job. I was not thriving there. The HR lady cried because they were doing a whole day of layoffs. Rough on both sides of the table.

I had relief at the second one. I stayed because I needed the money and the conditions were slightly below bearable. We made it fun.

Don't be scared of change. If you don't like the change, change it again. Change is good. You go first.
I hate having to let people go. I always give my managers the option to drive, but more often than not I will lead those meetings with HR to take the brunt of that blow off my team's shoulders. I don't like losing people in general, let alone having to let one go due to performance. Sometimes it's what you have to do though, I always try to put my people before business needs, but after you've done that enough times for a person, it's time to switch sides and put the needs of the business first to solve the problem. Sucks for everyone.

I hate having to let people go. I always give my managers the option to drive, but more often than not I will lead those meetings with HR to take the brunt of that blow off my team's shoulders. I don't like losing people in general, let alone having to let one go due to performance. Sometimes it's what you have to do though, I always try to put my people before business needs, but after you've done that enough times for a person, it's time to switch sides and put the needs of the business first to solve the problem. Sucks for everyone.
I agree. You are changing a person's life. Sometimes they see it coming. Other times, they are in denial.

We have a zero tolerance drug policy. You pee and fail, you get the option to rehabilitate.

Other companies won't give you that option. I had a good guy choose weed over a good job.

Then that is not zero tolerance.

That said, I can understand high at work, but don't try to police me at home.
I worded that poorly. We have a two strikes and you are out policy.

DOT regulated jobs limit your recreational options. Basically, if you won't comply, we will help you find another career. The Feds are everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom