Things You Wish You Would Have Known?

What a convenient resource, thanks Jensownzoo.

You're welcome. I found it when looking for options for pains meds for chickens after the initial predator attack. Bookmarked it immediately.

So Snowflake is getting a bit better. Her head is still upside down, but her eyes have stopped flicking and she managed to eat/drink on her own today. Time for her to move out of my bathtub and back with the flock tomorrow, I think.

I wish I'd known that the desire to keep your chickens "happy" would override common sense.

(hint: there might be some chicken babies in there in 3 weeks, just so Josephine's maternal instincts aren't thwarted)

I wish I'd known that the desire to keep your chickens "happy" would override common sense. 

(hint: there might be some chicken babies in there in 3 weeks, just so Josephine's maternal instincts aren't thwarted)

Yeah, I had a persistent broody Golden Buff pullet. Caved and bought her three Black Australorp chicks to raise after two months of her sitting on an empty nest. The chicks are two months old now and she still loves being a mommy; they crowd under her at night.

yuckyuck.gif

Yeah, I had a persistent broody Golden Buff pullet.
Josephine wouldn't give up. Flossie went clucky before, and she gave up after I pushed her off for a few days, but Josephine has just been sitting there. Not only that, but she revived Flossie's interest, so they are both sitting in there now. Ah well. I'll no doubt have some more posts for this thread soon. :D

Back
Top Bottom