Thinking about Australorps ned info!!! :)

they are one of the best all around breeds of chicken. roosters not aggressive, hens have great personalities, great layers and big enough to be dual purpose.

Thanks so much every body
smile.png
round about how much for a well bred pullet ????
hmm.png

Last edited:
yes i do, i only have two but plan on getting more, the hens i got were $15 each and they were (POL) but were already laying when we got them. White Leg horns are specifically bred for laying, the majority of the eggs you buy in the supermarket are White Legs horn eggs, they are the commercial used hens because they lay such a large white egg but if you free range them they'll be better.
The only problem with them is they are great flyers i haven't had any problems with my hens so far, but when you get them you may want to clip their wings(i don't like to do that). They are also quite a large bird, much bigger than my sexlinks. Hope i helped, CluckCluckLuke

im really not sure but i think they are just used for egg laying. White Leghorns are ideal for the production of large, high quality, white eggs. They are bred to lay large white eggs with high interior and shell quality. Pullets are early maturing and are noted for their lack of broodiness. They are bred for their disease resistance, for their economy in feed consumption, and are noted for their adaptability to most conditions.
Glad to be of assistance CluckCluckLuke

Back
Top Bottom