Thinking on getting white coturnix quail

Quote:
Yes, don't weigh anything....Just say that your mobyquail weigh 12-14 oz. at 8 weeks. You will be the bomb on ebay. Next...you will have to pay the piper!

Call your quail "Jumbo white"... what ever!

Quote:
sorry, I was actually searching for the topic first before posting, I really am curious about white coturnix, T AM genetics, the program, etc.
I know how often the same topic is repeated here in teh quail forum and tried to preface the question with the last know posts.
I posted my main points in another old thread and should have probably linked them all up somehow better.
I see, shelley, that you were party to this one thread but the other Texas AM thread you didnt get to make some good points,
I was dredging this up, for the points some people made here, having found it through my research.
again, sorry for the "shot was heard" post it was more like a "bump", it was early this AM.
TD

I try to avoid the 'big quail' threads since I could care less how big my birds are. A jumbo quail sells for the same price as a pharaoh quail in my area, yet they eat twice as much. I'd like to have jumbo birds since that's what most people want, but I'd hate to have to feed the little hogs to keep them. Currently I have 14 or 15 coturnix and they eat about 1 pound a day.

All threads like this do anymore is start a huge debate on whether or not the "big" quail even exist. Personally, I know they do. I've seen some monster-sized quail and have owned some pretty big birds in the past. Some people come to this forum just to tell others how stupid they are and to call others liars, so I try to avoid this forum all together.

AND....some people come here to chastise people over the date of the thread! Sorry...I'm not a 12 year old girl, so I can't get on that logic train.

It came up new to me so I responded. Please shoot me!

I raise coturnix quail, and only coturnix quail. That doesn't make me an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it does give me a bit of focus. Team that with a willingness to buy a sample group among the many BYC folks, as well as full blown hatcheries. Other than the 16 oz. mobyquail, or the 12-14 oz. at 8 weeks LIE, then you can boast about your big fat birds....at least to the point of costing honest coturnix raisers their shirts!

I love my quail, I wish to sell my quail to others, but the false advertisements just get my goat, and I will be no part of it!

Back
Top Bottom