This is it!!! They're coming to pick up tomorrow...need to know gender

mags2009

Songster
13 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Wisconsin
I have some people that will take our roos, but I just don't know the gender of our Ameracaunas. Can you tell in these two? Also, any specific thing that would tell me for sure? They are 9 weeks old. Thank you... I need to know before tomorrow morning!!!
38676_roos_002.jpg
and next:
38676_roos_001.jpg

I'm sorry, I can't tell you. I don't have any of those kinds of chickens, but it seems like my RIR roo had an obviously larger comb and wattles compared to the hens at that age. Hope someone who really knows will let you know before morning.

Last edited:
They are NOT EE's. They are TRUE Ameracaunas. What do I look for when I part the feathers? ALso, The grey one, has HUGE legs. Does that make a difference?

Last edited:
These are EE's so they don't have wattles. But looking at the comb, it sure does look red in these photos for being only 9 weeks. I'm guessing they're both roos. Are they fairly red? or almost a yellow, very pale pink? Then I would say pullet.

They are NOT EE's, just to let you know. I bought them as hatching eggs from a reputable breeder. Anyway, yes, the combs are red. That's what is throwing me off.

Back
Top Bottom