This is NOT a 7(?) weeks old speckled Sussex

Israel. We are notoriously known for having bad customer service. They also sell chicks for like 20$ a piece. And they provide no sexing. But somehow I’m very lucky and only get girls…
If you get chicks from backyard breeders, they would many times trick you into getting males. Because that is just the way things work in my country.
I must say my Rhode Island reds came from a backyard breeder, and they are PERFECT. But I DID end up with 2 cocks, one hen and a dead pullet…

Our hatcheries are a little different, they only sell 1 and a half month olds and up, so sexing is very on point. Maybe next time try hatching eggs from backyard breeders, since getting scammed when buying 5 birds is much more easily done

Our hatcheries are a little different, they only sell 1 and a half month olds and up, so sexing is very on point. Maybe next time try hatching eggs from backyard breeders, since getting scammed when buying 5 birds is much more easily done
Oh yes, I’ve done that, and it’s great! You can also drive across the border and get breeds that better suit our weather.

The hatchery does have older birds, but they TOO are not sexed. As if you can’t sex a three months old cockerel!
I mean, I can’t, but MOST people can.

The hatchery does have older birds, but they TOO are not sexed. As if you can’t sex a three months old cockerel!
I mean, I can’t, but MOST people can.

Yeah at that point they should easily be sexed. Since you're picking your birds up, can't you point out to the seller the obvious extra males?

Yeah at that point they should easily be sexed. Since you're picking your birds up, can't you point out to the seller the obvious extra males?
Well. My RIR were pretty late bloomers. The cock I kept did not crow until he was 9 months old. And it took me until he was 5 months old to know for sure he was a he. I am REALLY bad at sexing birds.

And also, in the Luli hatchery, you don’t pick them up yourself. They get them ready, and you take them. I got the chicks and SAW with my eyes that the chicks were yellow. I’m just too stupid, I thought, oh, the RIRxLeghorn were yellow and turned to be brown. So they will just turn into a different colour… 😬 😑 I’m stupid. It’s MY fault

Back
Top Bottom