This was Miss-Jaynes idea

Quote:
that's what my business card says.
wink.png

Quote:
no problem. i'll get my jeweler's glasses out so i can see teeny things.

I thought what you were using was Choroplast but there appears to be paper between the sheets? I've been using Choroplast for years for guinea pig cages, it's very sturdy , it's corrugated plastic. Its got air in between and it can be scored and bent to make cage bottoms. I 'm actually considering using it for the floor in my buttons cage as its SOOO easy to clean and holds up well. I would be worried about it close to a heat source since it's plastic. You can purchase it at sign stores, Tap plastics, and yes little premade signs are made out of it at walmart or hardware stores. It's not Posterboard. WHen you look at the side you should see a honeycomb type pattern with air.. it should not be solid. Maybe your pic isnt showing well but it looks more like posterboard that you have .. which may absorb moisture? Not sure if that would affect your incubating or not??

For cages I have to buy whole sheets of it as you don't want small pieces that are taped together or it may leak. Here's a website for the guinea pig cages .. it might give you all some ideas. I think Steve and Jayne's idea is great, I would just make sure its choroplast so it's easy to disinfect and it wont soak up humidity.

http://www.guineapigcages.com/cubes.htm

Here's a pic of my favorite 3 story condo I made for my pigs , normally I make them wider but space was a minimum so I went up instead of out... The blue is all choroplast and I just make sure the pigs are on another level and pull it out, dump the litter and hose or wipe out the
anything left.

hershey1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom