Thought they were EEs........ but think I'm wrong, can you help?

love-my-wolves

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Front Royal, VA
My girls are all about a year old, and I got them from the "mixed" bin at TSC last year. We had one Cornish we gave away, and a roo that was simply gorgeous, but no roos for us
wink.png
We just "assumed" the standards were all EEs, but I'm wondering if I'm wrong. The 2 bantams I have no idea on either, can you help?

#1 Nugget (she is the size of a softball, so tiny!){Bantam}

2010-12-06120431.jpg

#2 Strips (a bit bigger than Nugget){Bantam}

DSC00338.jpg

#3 Rotisserie

DSC00341.jpg

#4 BBQ Wing

DSC00343.jpg

#5 Hot Wing

DSC00333.jpg

#6 Mild Wing

DSC00342.jpg

I think #4 is a barred rock, #5 RIR and #6 RSL but don't quote me on that. Just my guess. I have no idea about the first three but definitely pretty.

Love the names, too!

#4- If it was a Rock it should have a straight comb, Dominiques have a rose comb, but BBq Wings comb isn't exactly a rose comb either....

#1 - I don't know for sure but I know there's a Wheaten in the bantam world, maybe that's it?

#2 - White-faced Black Spanish?

#3 - Looks like a Cornish X

#4 - Looks like a Barred Rock

#5 & #6 - They look like my Sienna & Tallulah, my Red-Sex-Links

I'm pretty sure that #2 (strips) is an Australorp bantam. I have a trio of these and they look very similar. I don't have any pictures of them yet, but will try and get one tomorrow after work.

Just a guess, but #3-Rotisserie-White Orpington, #4-Not sure cause of the comb? #5 Hot Wing- Red Sex Link and #6 Mild Wing-Production Red
Pretty birds!

Quote:
#2 has white earlobes, not a white face so it is not WFBS.

I have seen these on here before but I can't remember the name.
barnie.gif

AH! TY for that bit of info. I'm so amateur lol, I'm trying to remember everything too.

ETA: You'd think that "White-faced" would've been a GLARING clue for me lol!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom