Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

So she is going to ship you two adult ducks or two ducklings? I recommend a lady on ebay who sells ancona ducks in groups of 3 or a dozen. Her eggs are very fertile! All seven eggs I bought from her developed fully and five hatched. If you search "[COLOR=333333]Critically Endangered Ancona Duck Hatching Eggs" [/COLOR]She has pictures of ducklings with chickens. Let me know what you think! 

Adult birds either layong already or almost laying and she is sending my eggs later so I get two adult bird plus one dozen eggs for only the prise of eggs! So I'm very very happy with her! I looked at the lady on ebay and thought about it but I will wait for my other eggs first!!!!!

I took a video of my favorite duckling. What do you guys think? Male or female? I'm thinking female but I haven't heard any male like noises from my other ducks so I don't have anything to compare it to. I think i might only hear female quacks because that what I want them all to be!
Lol yep that's a girl quack! I have only one female and three boys so its very easy to tell the difference between them!

Adult birds either layong already or almost laying and she is sending my eggs later so I get two adult bird plus one dozen eggs for only the prise of eggs! So I'm very very happy with her! I looked at the lady on ebay and thought about it but I will wait for my other eggs first!!!!!
Wow! She is very generous! Post pictures of your females when you get them. That's such a great deal!
ya.gif

Lol yep that's a girl quack! I have only one female and three boys so its very easy to tell the difference between them!
Yay!!!
wee.gif
That makes me very happy. What do the boys sound like a a young age? I have 3 ducklings that are not quacking yet.... They make a very loud peep though! I'm hoping they are just late girls.....

Yay!!! :weee  That makes me very happy. What do the boys sound like a a young age? I have 3 ducklings that are not quacking yet.... They make a very loud peep though! I'm hoping they are just late girls..... 

They don't sound alike at all very raspy likw wack instead of quack sounds like they have a cold or sore throat I tried a video but won't work for me!

I took a video of the duck I think has leg problems. She walks with the others then starts to shake and sits down. Please let me know if anything is wrong with her! Im very worried!!
0.jpg

I just hatched as of today two Cayuga ducklings. One is still in the egg and it's cracked so that one should be coming soon.

I had the first duckling hatch earlier today. It took two days for it to hatch but today it finally did. Here was my thread on that.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/837648/helping-cayugas-hatch

Well now that it hatched it's having trouble standing. It just keeps flailing it legs, they are also in a straddle position. Basically just sitting on its butt and flailing it legs like it trying to run. I had another one hatch and right away it stood up. The neck also has a curve to it while the other one is straight. I'm getting a little worried about it and I don't want to lose it.

Also, the air sac on this one was strange. These were shipped eggs and the air sac was detached. I had them in a carton with the fat end up for over a week and rotating them to finally get the air sac back in place. This one though went back into place but for some strange reason also ran down the side of the egg to the bottom. I had thought for sure that it wasn't going to make and hatch but it did and was the first to hatch. So should I have any concerns about the duckling with the air sac?

This is my second attempt trying to hatch Cayugas and this time I don't want to lose any to my mistake.

Any thoughts or ideas?

HELP!!!!

Thanks!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/837820/new-cayuga-duckling-not-standing

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom