Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

OMG!!!!!! OMG! !!!!!!!! THEY ARE ALIVE!!!!!! I jyst got home and decided to candle. First one ..... it has started to go through air sack. #2, moving but not to air sack..3 & 4 beak is going through air sack. The three of them just have a tip through air sack. #5 not sure about, couldn't see too much on that one. BUT THEY ARE ALIVE AND TRYING TO COME OUT!!!!!!! So how long will this take? I am going to put a wet paper towel in because my humidity is down to around 63.

Wonderful news.
big_smile.png
As QuackerJack says - keep the lid on!!!!

Ducks can take days after breaking the air sack. Mine took over a day after pipping. Everything will be ok. I just went to town and then i came back and he hatched.
KEEP THE LID ON! The humidity needs to stay up so they will not get shrink wrapped. That is the number one killer of my chicks/ duckling

If your air cell is small, then you may have too much humidity and the duckling gets too big and soggy to pip/turn and hatch. I have no experience with hatching duck eggs with 70% humidity, never been able to get mine that high. We live in a semi desert and our ambient humidity is about 20% - I'm lucky to get it above 50% even with a room humidifier! I'm sorry your eggs haven't hatched, I'd give them a couple more days and hope for some action. Good luck!

Oh! I missed your update, very cool. I would expect 2 - 3 days from this stage for the hatch. So.... BE PATIENT! Don't try to help unless they are pipped for a long time, at least a day, then, if you think you should, go very slowly and only chip tiny bits off at a time.

Last edited:
When I saw that they were still alive I but a wet paper towel in there. There are some holes on the top of the bator so if the humidity goes down I have an eye dropper I can add warm water.

I definitely will. Everybody on here has been such a BIG help and reassuring to me. I would have pulled my hair out,cried my eyes out and probably tossed some live babies without you guys here.

Back
Top Bottom