Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Thanks ! They are Pot belly pigs, I am raising them for freezer pigs. So we can slow smoke them on out new spit this summer. But they are spoiled loved and healthy, Mixed Milk every morning & evening, grains, veggies, breads, wheats & beer! ~ Quality of life before the freezer....
OH and I forgot to mention 3 of my pigs are girls, and we will be having baby piggies end of May/beginning June
Umm anyone have experience raising piglets???
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif

They used to fit in my arms!!! Like a little baby
hit.gif

They have grown sooo fast now

SOOO not Kewl
he.gif
~ Green with Envy ~ Jealous of those fat potatoes

Oh and
droolin.gif

(not bacon
droolin.gif
but GORGEOUS
love.gif
)

lau.gif
To be 18
Bacon: bad for the waistline, good for the tasteline!
lau.gif

RG, Yes, raised pigs as a kid. After babies born you, or vet or DH have to take out those teeth that will grow into sharp dangerous weapons. Sows are usually put in large furrowing crates, which allow youngsters to get out of her way when she lays down. Issues of this may be different with the pot belly pigs though. (not the teeth though, ya gotta deal with those w/i a week or two of birth).
Never raised pigs myself, but the local pig farmer gives a lot of seminars for the WSU extension and he's really big on the furrowing crates to prevent smothering of the babies. I know a lot of activists are against them, but there is a very logical reason they are used. Don't know if they are so necessary with the pot bellys, but I can ask if you'd like.
lau.gif

Thank you!! My big buff boy has claimed both grey fatties. I am SO hopeful he can mate either one successfully since he is only a yearling.
Your geese are so amazing! How is Spirit these days?

HOLY CARP ..... Somehow I bought 11 more emu eggs from a local WA emu farm
hide.gif
Must have done this while sleepwalking... I take no responsibility for this ~ So you all are my witnesses when My hubby wants to know why I have more big green prehistoric eggs in my Master Bator

Last edited:
Thanks, Quackers!! Spirit is really good, thanks!! With our weather being so mild lately, he has been spending his days outside. Pretty soon, he'll be moving around on his reconstructed leg as well as the other dewlaps.
big_smile.png

RG, congrats!!! GREAT pictures!! Can't wait to see more pics as your darling emu finishes hatching.
pop.gif

It turned out to be a very pretty afternoon, so I took pictures of a bunch of my dewlaps. Hope you don't mind me sharing.

Lovely!
Thanks ! They are Pot belly pigs, I am raising them for freezer pigs. So we can slow smoke them on out new spit this summer. But they are spoiled loved and healthy, Mixed Milk every morning & evening, grains, veggies, breads, wheats & beer! ~ Quality of life before the freezer....
OH and I forgot to mention 3 of my pigs are girls, and we will be having baby piggies end of May/beginning June
Umm anyone have experience raising piglets???
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif

They used to fit in my arms!!! Like a little baby
hit.gif

They have grown sooo fast now

SOOO not Kewl
he.gif
~ Green with Envy ~ Jealous of those fat potatoes

Oh and
droolin.gif

(not bacon
droolin.gif
but GORGEOUS
love.gif
)

lau.gif
To be 18
At some point I am going to get some PBPs...I've been dying to get some.
RG, Yes, raised pigs as a kid. After babies born you, or vet or DH have to take out those teeth that will grow into sharp dangerous weapons. Sows are usually put in large furrowing crates, which allow youngsters to get out of her way when she lays down. Issues of this may be different with the pot belly pigs though. (not the teeth though, ya gotta deal with those w/i a week or two of birth).

I saw that on Pinterest the other day! LOL
EMU finally hatching ~my happy dance~
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
yesss.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
AWESOME!! Congrats!
celebrate.gif

HOLY CARP ..... Somehow I bought 11 more emu eggs from a local WA emu farm
hide.gif
Must have done this while sleepwalking... I take no responsibility for this ~ So you all are my witnesses when My hubby wants to know why I have more big green prehistoric eggs in my Master Bator
We'll be your witnesses!
thumbsup.gif

love.gif

Thanks, Quackers!! Spirit is really good, thanks!! With our weather being so mild lately, he has been spending his days outside. Pretty soon, he'll be moving around on his reconstructed leg as well as the other dewlaps.
big_smile.png

RG, congrats!!! GREAT pictures!! Can't wait to see more pics as your darling emu finishes hatching.
pop.gif
X2

~ Aspen

I have never seen anything cuter in my life, than when I opened my bator and saw this adorable little creature.
love.gif
Then I was like this thing is Huge!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom