Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Hello
frow.gif

I'm going to start incubating ducks for the first time and just have some general questions.

I'll be setting the first batch, some bantam appleyards, after my batch of chickens has finished hatching. What is the incubation period for bantam appleyards? And what is the recommended starting humidity? I track my eggs by weight, what is the percentage weight the eggs need to lose?

Hi!

I have Call duck eggs in the 'bator, and I incubate them the same as standard duck eggs. I've never monitored humidity, so can't help with that.

Good luck..hopefully someone else can be of more help to you. : )
th.gif
is all I got

Yay for a happy bator!

Doin good!

Got 2 goose eggs today! so out of my 4 geese ~ 2 must be girls!
woot.gif

Getting ready to crack all 3 for a yummy omelet tomorrow

Emu baby 1 is doing great & will post new pics in a few!
Congrats on the goose eggs! Can't wait for updated pics on the Emu baby!

~ Aspen

I can understand why people would be rehoming extra pairs/trios this time of year.  But it can be a win-win situation because it makes life easier on the seller and it works out well for you!

Oh I can understand doing that too, and it shows that she really does just want them to have a good life :) I am so excited!

So I have been banned from hatching quail until the summer :( I could do it anyway but I need to save up all my "points" for when he finds out my trio is in fact geese not really large ducks lol

Back
Top Bottom