Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I set 13 sebbie eggs yesterday. I've marked the ones sitting the longest (12 days) but they've all been at 45-50 degrees and turned, (and NOT shipped
yesss.gif
) so I'm still expecting a reasonable hatch.......if the are fertile.

fl.gif

Oh, here is the link...  https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-what-to-do-keep-it-ir-cull/80#post_10582649

sorry I forgot it the first time.

How are you?

Wow that is cool! I am pretty good, just got a load of snow but I am off to pick up some eggs today and have a lunch meet with some fellow poultry friends :)

I set 13 sebbie eggs yesterday.  I've marked the ones sitting the longest (12 days) but they've all been at 45-50 degrees and turned, (and NOT shipped :yesss: ) so I'm still expecting a reasonable hatch.......if the are fertile.

:fl

:fl

Congrats, Marty!!
fl.gif
they are fertile!!!

Your whites should start any day now... both of my white girls are laying machines. By the way, I must say how impressed I am with my African flock. I have 4 pairs in full breeding/laying mode and everyone gets along as a solid family unit. They have not become aggressive towards hubby/me or the ducks, although they would fence fight my dewlaps if given the opportunity. I do have to keep my eye on Ebay though, because I think he would try to mate me if I wasn't paying attention. lol I think they may be a seriously misunderstood breed, because I find my group to have much nicer temperaments than other breeds. I am starting to understand why my hubby very much prefers them over my dewlaps, but I still love my fatties, too.
love.gif

fl.gif
for your goosies!

I may just have to kick myself for selling the wrong pekin drake. I don't know what this boy's problem is. The girls are laying good, they're flirting, then he takes a drink of water and waddles off. Guess I need to get out the Luther Vandross music and candlelight. And the PlayDrake magazines.
hope the boy gets the idea soon
Bummer about the innocent drake. I have 4 extras, but only Ancona.

I'd get that PlayDrake for him, I hear a Cayuga is a centerfold this month. She's in a pink heart shaped pool.
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
you really did go there !!! By the way Jerry got a good laugh outta ^^^^^
I set 13 sebbie eggs yesterday. I've marked the ones sitting the longest (12 days) but they've all been at 45-50 degrees and turned, (and NOT shipped
yesss.gif

fl.gif
fl.gif

They are so cute iain! Can't wait to pick up my trio Monday morning yayayaya!
yay for new kids!

yesss.gif

fl.gif
Finger's crossed for an excellent hatch, Marty!
Congrats, Marty!!
fl.gif
they are fertile!!!

Your whites should start any day now... both of my white girls are laying machines. By the way, I must say how impressed I am with my African flock. I have 4 pairs in full breeding/laying mode and everyone gets along as a solid family unit. They have not become aggressive towards hubby/me or the ducks, although they would fence fight my dewlaps if given the opportunity. I do have to keep my eye on Ebay though, because I think he would try to mate me if I wasn't paying attention. lol I think they may be a seriously misunderstood breed, because I find my group to have much nicer temperaments than other breeds. I am starting to understand why my hubby very much prefers them over my dewlaps, but I still love my fatties, too.
love.gif

They are so lovely..I may have to get a couple to add to my mix.
bakin, thanks!! I thought you were getting them on Sunday? I'm impatient for you.
lol.png
lol.png

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom