Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Remember, I told you all I lost a juvenile Guinea to a coon (we think) several days ago...we caught the culprit!!

OK, maybe not. ...after I caught Jennifer..I caught three chickens too! Where did they come from?
idunno.gif

Sky Pictures - the calm before the storm. These are the clouds that gave us our hailstorm, rain, blizzard, and high winds!

~ Aspen

Last edited:
Remember, I told you all I lost a juvenile Guinea to a coon (we think) several days ago...we caught the culprit!! OK, maybe not. ...after I caught Jennifer..I caught three chickens too! Where did they come from? :idunno Sky Pictures - the calm before the storm. These are the clouds that gave us our hailstorm, rain, blizzard, and high winds! ~ Aspen
Nice set up :)

I got one goose egg today, it was in the American/Roman's stall, but I don't remember seeing it this morning. Penny (smooth lilac seb girl), and the trio of peas stay inside the goose house during the day, and the door to the stall was open, so she could have laid it. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

No matter who I put Penny with they bully her and keep her off the food and water. Her leg is injured, so that is why she is separate from the geese during the day, so she can rest her leg. Plus she's getting all the food, water, and treats she can eat.
wink.png

~ Aspen
Poor Penny. Hope her leg gets better soon.
This is non-waterfowl related..but thought I'd share.

Coconut..... ; )

~ Aspen
love.gif

I have raised alot of Chukar. I got my eggs online & had a great hatch. Not hard to hatch, but raising from babies is tricky. I can give you some tips if you like?

I never mist any of my eggs, never have. I just keep a good humidity & candle alot

Cute pooch!

BAKIN adorable kids n Chicks!
I would love any tips on chukar that you have, just in case I end up getting some.
big_smile.png
I was wanting to keep a trio of them in with my mandarins, and eat the rest, lol.
Remember, I told you all I lost a juvenile Guinea to a coon (we think) several days ago...we caught the culprit!!

OK, maybe not. ...after I caught Jennifer..I caught three chickens too! Where did they come from?
idunno.gif

Sky Pictures - the calm before the storm. These are the clouds that gave us our hailstorm, rain, blizzard, and high winds!

~ Aspen
gig.gif
Wonderful place there! It's beautiful.

my new snails are doing an amazing job cleaning the betta tank

getting ready for my trio, view from the house

my brooding shed is finished
celebrate.gif
hard to take a pic at the angle it is at but it is about 4ft X 8ft

Hatch day was 3 days ago here is mom and 3 new baby"s .. I put pekin eggs under my broody mallard on the 2-1-13 .. I wanted Pekin mallard cross and got mostly black babys... mom was pekin and dad is mallard ... looks like I might get a black pekin.. 2 have black feet and bills the 1 with more yellow has orange feet

Hatch day was 3 days ago here is mom and 3 new baby"s .. I put pekin eggs under my broody mallard on the 2-1-13 .. I wanted Pekin mallard cross and got mostly black babys... mom was pekin and dad is mallard ... looks like I might get a black pekin.. 2 have black feet and bills the 1 with more yellow has orange feet

love.gif
cute!

NICE Bakin!!! Looks really good, gunna have have pultree in there
woot.gif

Lovely home you have there Mrs. !!!!
love.gif

frow.gif
babs ~ Cute Pekards ! Call one baby Jean Luc
lau.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had my Family over today ~ My Mom with Emu ~ STILL NO NAME YET
th.gif

Nice set up
smile.png
Thanks
Poor Penny. Hope her leg gets better soon.
love.gif

I would love any tips on chukar that you have, just in case I end up getting some.
big_smile.png
I was wanting to keep a trio of them in with my mandarins, and eat the rest, lol.
gig.gif
Wonderful place there! It's beautiful.
Thanks..she is still limping very badly.. it hurts to see her try and walk. Poor darling.
my new snails are doing an amazing job cleaning the betta tank

getting ready for my trio, view from the house

my brooding shed is finished
celebrate.gif
hard to take a pic at the angle it is at but it is about 4ft X 8ft
Love your goose house and brooder!! I'd love somemore pictures of your brooder house, and some inside pics of your goose house, if you hand them handy. I'm always looking for ideas.
Awww! What a great mom, and adorable ducklings. Congrats!

UGH...this afternoon I took my two goose eggs and misted/cooled them..well they got really cooled off. I forgot I'd taken them out of the incubator and got busy..several hours later I was locking everyone up and found them still out! OMGoodness!! Do you think I killed them? Poor babies..I hope they are okay. It wasn't cold today..but still, being out of the incubator for 1-2 hrs??

~ Aspen

NICE Bakin!!! Looks really good, gunna have have pultree in there
woot.gif

Lovely home you have there Mrs. !!!!
love.gif

frow.gif
babs ~ Cute Pekards ! Call one baby Jean Luc
lau.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had my Family over today ~ My Mom with Emu ~ STILL NO NAME YET
th.gif

How sweet
thanks
big_smile.png
picking up my trio on monday
woot.gif

i can't get over how stinkin cute that baby emu it!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom