Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Thanks

Love your goose house and brooder!! I'd love somemore pictures of your brooder house, and some inside pics of your goose house, if you hand them handy. I'm always looking for ideas.
i will go out tomorrow when i am doing the finishing touches
smile.png
the goose house is a temporary home till i get my goat shed build then my ducks and geese will live with them and the coop will turn back into the egg layers house but now that i don't have any egg layers old enough to live outside i am doing some modifications on it to shelter the geese for 2-3 monthsish. that coop is about 4x8 with a 4ft over hang so i put plastic on the sides to make it semi sheltered, also it is almost 3ft off the ground so they may be able to go under, then in the back i took a old salvaged door and put it sideways so i can open it and clean it from the back
duc.gif
i will take some more detailed pics lol

then the brooder shed is a very basic 8ish X 8ish shed that we split in half (put cardboard for the furnace, but may make in another brooder room next year) then i insulated, and plasticed all the walls in the brooder half, then put up plyboard over that that come up about 4ft, plasticed the ceiling to stop drafts and hung chains from the ceiling to hang heat lamps from

Hatch day was 3 days ago here is mom and 3 new baby"s .. I put pekin eggs under my broody mallard on the 2-1-13 .. I wanted Pekin mallard cross and got mostly black babys... mom was pekin and dad is mallard ... looks like I might get a black pekin.. 2 have black feet and bills the 1 with more yellow has orange feet
Beautiful babies! They look like they'll probably look like mallards.
love.gif

NICE Bakin!!! Looks really good, gunna have have pultree in there
woot.gif

Lovely home you have there Mrs. !!!!
love.gif

frow.gif
babs ~ Cute Pekards ! Call one baby Jean Luc
lau.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had my Family over today ~ My Mom with Emu ~ STILL NO NAME YET
th.gif

Jean Luc Pekard!!! Speaking of... Patrick Stewart is in Seattle for Comic Con. /geek
lau.gif

Has that "little" emu changed color in a week?

Thanks
Thanks..she is still limping very badly.. it hurts to see her try and walk. Poor darling.
Love your goose house and brooder!! I'd love somemore pictures of your brooder house, and some inside pics of your goose house, if you hand them handy. I'm always looking for ideas.
Awww! What a great mom, and adorable ducklings. Congrats!

UGH...this afternoon I took my two goose eggs and misted/cooled them..well they got really cooled off. I forgot I'd taken them out of the incubator and got busy..several hours later I was locking everyone up and found them still out! OMGoodness!! Do you think I killed them? Poor babies..I hope they are okay. It wasn't cold today..but still, being out of the incubator for 1-2 hrs??

~ Aspen

Introducing Bruce Campbell the 2nd (khaki campbell) and Mister Sax-y (saxony)!!!
celebrate.gif
big_smile.png

I got 100% Fertility !!!
woot.gif

These 4 Sebbie eggs made a $$ but Wonderful Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo, wrapped in a Greek Pita with Sour Cream n Salsa!
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom