Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

2nd EMU hatched !!!! So I now have 3 big babies
woot.gif

Did you know you can vent sex an emu chick????
th.gif

I am going to try my luck & see how it goes
fl.gif

Went to auction today & took 5 male goslings & 8 female goslings from my $1 auction eggs last month....... Sold for $147.50
ep.gif
So I spent $60 on them, and still have more to bring next weekend
thumbsup.gif

I cannot believe the size difference in them, I rememer thinking WOW that emu baby is huge..... Now I look at it next to my 1st baby & its looks tiny
lau.gif

woot.gif

th.gif

fl.gif

Went to auction today & took 5 male goslings & 8 female goslings from my $1 auction eggs last month....... Sold for $147.50
ep.gif
thumbsup.gif

I cannot believe the size difference in them, I rememer thinking WOW that emu baby is huge..... Now I look at it next to my 1st baby & its looks tiny
lau.gif

thumbsup.gif

Hey, wanted to say thanks for the advice & reassurance on my posts about our first attempt to hatch ducklings, 3 hatched completely today & there are another 2 still possible. Pics will be posted in a day or 2 when they're in the brooder & fluffed up! So so exciting !!!! The one that pipped at the wrong end made it with a little bit help, the assisted hatching guide on BYC was brilliant! x

Goin Quackrrs I think there is something wrong with my turner because I check it every hour and it is in exact same position and it been like that for 24 hours.
Hmm. This is a new turner? I'd take it back to the store and exchange it if so. If it's used, you can get a new motor kit through GQF.
I could not help myself: Went to the Farm Fair today and bought some ducklings (sooo cute) I've had ducks before, and they are quite the characters, get along great with my dog too! :) No sure how the sheep will re-act, but I find out as soon as the ducklings are a little bigger. Fluffy little things right now and will get trampled on.

Hope you have some hatching going on soon!
Ducklings are so addictive!
moved my chickies out to the brooder shed today
smile.png
divided off half until the meat chickens get here

I got my meaties today. I'm going to need bigger brooders.
woot.gif

th.gif

fl.gif

ep.gif
thumbsup.gif

lau.gif
Wow, you really cleaned up on those goslings! I want photos of all your newly hatched birds!
caf.gif

Hey, wanted to say thanks for the advice & reassurance on my posts about our first attempt to hatch ducklings, 3 hatched completely today & there are another 2 still possible. Pics will be posted in a day or 2 when they're in the brooder & fluffed up! So so exciting !!!! The one that pipped at the wrong end made it with a little bit help, the assisted hatching guide on BYC was brilliant! x
Exciting news!!!

Here's the photo bomb...

Ducklings I couldn't resist the other day:

GQF 1202 from 1983, refinished, missing one turner tray:

(sorry they're sideways, they show upright until I upload them)

10 little meat chicks.

Beaker, whose mommy asked me to help with a bumblefoot surgery today. Post-surgery, she is doing well.

I have 9 pips on my WH eggs. Hoping to meet some babies tomorrow or Monday!
fl.gif

Here's the photo bomb... Ducklings I couldn't resist the other day: GQF 1202 from 1983, refinished, missing one turner tray: (sorry they're sideways, they show upright until I upload them) 10 little meat chicks. Beaker, whose mommy asked me to help with a bumblefoot surgery today. Post-surgery, she is doing well. I have 9 pips on my WH eggs. Hoping to meet some babies tomorrow or Monday! :fl
My meaties come next Friday :) I will take the divider down then :fl for your eggs

Back
Top Bottom