Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Alright. I won't open it at all anymore. When should I intervene though? He hasn't made any progress at all.
Have you read the assisted hatch article? If you haven't read it a couple times and if you have read I again! Remember ducks take longer than chicks & they rest in between pipping a d zipping for quite a while. It's a must read before assisting I'm going to try and paste the thread below
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

frow.gif
You're the one who referred me to Snoozin' Goose, then? I got on their waiting list late, so I may not get my trout eggs this year. Let me know if you hatch more than you can keep! My runner ducks are being nothing but trouble so far this season. Not one egg from their breeding pen.
th.gif

Small world for sure! There needs to be more duck people in Washington. It's perfect for them after all!
celebrate.gif

fl.gif
I know right! Yes that was me I forgot that was you I referred to snoozing goose, I really hope you get some! I'm getting a better incubator in about a week so hopefully a good consistent temp and circulated air will improve my hatch rate. But if this hatch goes well I will definitly have a few extra trout ducklings and I already paid for some gray (mallard color) runner eggs too that I haven't even got yet. So cross my fingers I will have ducklings coming out my ears soon!
fl.gif

I know right! Yes that was me I forgot that was you I referred to snoozing goose, I really hope you get some! I'm getting a better incubator in about a week so hopefully a good consistent temp and circulated air will improve my hatch rate. But if this hatch goes well I will definitly have a few extra trout ducklings and I already paid for some gray (mallard color) runner eggs too that I haven't even got yet. So cross my fingers I will have ducklings coming out my ears soon!
fl.gif
Just let me know when they're hatched! Maybe we can work a trade. I'm going to have a ton of hatchlings here soon!
I see a beak, this one is taking its sweet old time, 24 hours from pip and only an inch zipped ugg lol
Yup. I know how that goes.

I have a cayuga that's at about the same amount of progress for the same time frame. Yes guys, hope it's not a false alarm, but it looks like I'm finally going to hatch a cayuga!

Baking and Quackers....
fl.gif
for your hatches, especially the elusive Cayuga baby!! I have 2 African eggs taking their sweet time to pip, too, but they are vibrating and rocking like they're trying.

Baking and Quackers....
fl.gif
for your hatches, especially the elusive Cayuga baby!! I have 2 African eggs taking their sweet time to pip, too, but they are vibrating and rocking like they're trying.
Thank you! I'm hoping for a very successful hatch! Only have 3 duck eggs locked down, but 48 chicken eggs too!

Meet our very lucky goose! Hatched from an egg that was taken from an egg-stealing LGD!

First pip here. **I've not hatched in an incubator before**.. how much/little can/should I spray them with water? I went by something I saw here last night and put my sprayer IN the bator so it would be equal temp. I have all troughs full but have no hygrometer. Thanks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom