Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Cornell site is giving temp for incubators with acanthus. Constant 99.5 .But if it is a still air,
Holderread and others say you need 101.5-102 at the top of the eggs for ducks. For geese he has you raise temps a degree more each week.if mixed, then keep it at duck range. Am quoting them. This is my 2 nd year incubating:weee
I have 2 still airs, and working out all the variables....:D I read another university web page, think it was Illinois, that was totally different and way off from everything else. Probably someone wrote it after an all night party with a hangover:lol:

I had 3!!!!power outages last year, one all day when were were gone... per advice here I kept them ...oh and had. A couple spikes...amazingly I had 10% hatch... I thought they were all gonners... I also made mistakes in room location ( laundry room... with outside door and
temp humidity changes :(....And humidity wrong......and didn't know about lockdown till to late.wait and see:D

Christine, I was happily surprised at the colors on my first three ducklings. I have a few more hatching this weekend. Curious to see if we continue the trend.

Bakin, good luck on getting through process to own your home. Glad to see you have babies again. Any plans for more geese?

Quackers, hope you still get a good test hatch in your new cabinet. I also rotate eggs from the back to the front based on set day. It's a good system.

Psue, impressive set up with your incubator!! I cannot imagine having 75 goose eggs cooking at once. What if they all hatched?
ep.gif

Fingers crossed that everything is on track with your home purchase! I'm amazed at the difference a week is in meatie sizes. Mine are about three times the size of my bosses' meaties. With a week difference. Silky ducks and hookbills! You have awesome taste in birds!
Thank you Kelly, everything seems to be going along pretty well, just need more hours in the day to finish small projects, my poor birds are just getting rush visits right now
BATOR UPGRADES...................... from this .... this.... it can hold 75 goose eggs spaced as in the photo .... Just imagin if I crowd them :love
:drool
My goslings & Emu hanging out !
So cute!
Christine, I was happily surprised at the colors on my first three ducklings. I have a few more hatching this weekend. Curious to see if we continue the trend. Bakin, good luck on getting through process to own your home. Glad to see you have babies again. Any plans for more geese? Quackers, hope you still get a good test hatch in your new cabinet. I also rotate eggs from the back to the front based on set day. It's a good system. Psue, impressive set up with your incubator!! I cannot imagine having 75 goose eggs cooking at once. What if they all hatched? :eek:
Thank you! Really loving having babies around again, they are tall enough to peak out the viewing window in the brooder so they beg for snacks and watch us :lol No after this geese fiasco i am definetly banned for atleast a year lol

Christine, I was happily surprised at the colors on my first three ducklings. I have a few more hatching this weekend. Curious to see if we continue the trend.

Bakin, good luck on getting through process to own your home. Glad to see you have babies again. Any plans for more geese?

Quackers, hope you still get a good test hatch in your new cabinet. I also rotate eggs from the back to the front based on set day. It's a good system.

Psue, impressive set up with your incubator!! I cannot imagine having 75 goose eggs cooking at once. What if they all hatched?
ep.gif
It helps that they are staggered hatches... with everyone laying I get 20 - 25 eggs a week
big_smile.png
. so when/if the boys all get it right Jerry will have a week to find buyers before the next round hatches
lau.gif

ep.gif
What Paulla didnt tell you is that counting the bottom hatcher that is part of the bator it will hold 125 goose eggs spaced out and 180 if she crouds them

Back
Top Bottom