Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I had four baby Campbell ducklings hatch today and two more have external pips. They should hatch tonight. They are so cute. This is my first successful hatch. They are so cute.
Yay!
Well, I have no self control. Went into TSC today, and all they had left were five black swedish ducklings. One of my first pet drakes, the ducks that got me into poultry, was a black swedish. So here I am with more ducklings. And I was doing so well!
LOL! Glad you got ones you wanted, my Swedish pair I had were major jerks! :)
Here's our first 3 mini appleyard ducklings! Still 2 eggs to go. Need to get them with a better camera.
Such cuties and a good momma!

I had four baby Campbell ducklings hatch today and two more have external pips. They should hatch tonight. They are so cute. This is my first successful hatch. They are so cute.
Exciting! Congrats on a successful hatch!
Well, I have no self control. Went into TSC today, and all they had left were five black swedish ducklings. One of my first pet drakes, the ducks that got me into poultry, was a black swedish. So here I am with more ducklings. And I was doing so well!
Hahaha. Our feed store's been having trouble getting their pekins sold this spring. I'm so tempted, but I really can't bring home more fuzzies.

Usually lavenders and silvers will appear as solid yellow ducklings. The ones that have grey as babies are mostly likely blue. Speaking of which, I hatched another solid yellow ancona baby last night with 1-2 more on the way today.
big_smile.png
Excellent!
Here's our first 3 mini appleyard ducklings!
Still 2 eggs to go.
Need to get them with a better camera.
Aww!
love.gif

I'm impatiently waiting for a gosling to hatch.

Just a couple pics of my latest hatchlings. The larger two yellows hatched on Tuesday and the two smaller ones hatched yesterday. Plus, I have another ancona that hatched this morning and is hanging in bator while the 4th (and final) one finishes hatching. The silver/grey colored one is a silver appleyard/ancona cross.

Just a couple pics of my latest hatchlings. The larger two yellows hatched on Tuesday and the two smaller ones hatched yesterday. Plus, I have another ancona that hatched this morning and is hanging in bator while the 4th (and final) one finishes hatching. The silver/grey colored one is a silver appleyard/ancona cross.

sigh
love.gif

Someone told me to post this here so see if yall can help me.

Today is hatch day for my 7 ducks and 2 are out of the egg 1 is almost out but i have 4 that are still in the egg and did not crack the shell yet and they are looking funny to me. i have a pic of two of the eggs can someone tell me what going on with them?

Well, the outside won't say a great deal, but any ducklings that don't hatch w/i 24 hours of each other probobly won't hatch. Some die at hatch, due to a variety of things. Overall, it is not my policiy to assist hatchlings that can't at least make that first pip.

That said, candle your eggs that have don't nothing. watch for little shadows working at the edges of the clear area. If you see no motion, wait and check again in the a.m. Any that are moving might be at least have pipped withen withen 24 hours. ducklings can take awhile to hatch.

good luck!

BTW, I have 25 goose eggs set at incubator at school. I just set another 17 African eggs today, plus another turkey eggs, and I have 3 fertile turkey eggs in bator now, and 8 Javas dancing along. I had my two dark saddlebacks hatch yesterday.

Would like some insight though, of my 4 goslings (hatched Easter) one has died after weakening and flipping a lot. Got another turned flippy now. They hatched with no issues or help. Any thoughts? Is this a vitamin deficiency?

Back
Top Bottom