Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Thanks! That video is really neat. How are your newest additions doing?

Yeh they are doing great guns. Noticed no.5 is abit smaller than the rest but is doing really good.
May try them outside in abit as its really warm today! Not used to it! If you check out the other thread I'm on there's s bunch more pics and videos. I just can't help myself!
Have Thelma and Louise had a swim yet?
This was round 2 for the 2 older ones but not for the other one..

call ducks... i just lost my little house duck to a huge bird of prey... because it was a super nice day and i thought she would love to go outside and play in the creek... i only turned my back a second and she was gone!!! devastated!!! i looked for over a year to find a mate for her so i decided to try a hatch... really scared tho.  temp is bouncing between 98 and 100 but my humidity is only at about 52%.... shouldn't it be a bit higher? im glad i fired it up before my eggs get here!... thanks for the welcomes, info and emotional support! 

angie

I have a little giant incubator that was fluctuating a lot in temp so I taped around the cracks of the windows, and I now have it in a cupboard, with a towel over half of it, also I can't seem to find your last post about the wire floor, but I usually put that rubber shelf liner stuff on the floor, still has venting because of the tiny holes but I was worried about them snagging their little feet, also it makes the bator a snap to clean to put the next batch in, I roll up the liner with all the icky stuff on it and throw it away, then spray they bottom with a light bleach solution let set for 2 minutes then rinse, if it is really gunky I scrub a bit then I bleach

Yeh they are doing great guns. Noticed no.5 is abit smaller than the rest but is doing really good.
May try them outside in abit as its really warm today! Not used to it! If you check out the other thread I'm on there's s bunch more pics and videos. I just can't help myself!
Have Thelma and Louise had a swim yet?
This was round 2 for the 2 older ones but not for the other one..

OH MY GOSH!! That is the cutest thing ever! No, my girls haven't done that yet. I am going to try it when hubby comes home and will video it tonight :) Glad to hear everyone is doing well on your end :)

So, sad, I cried- one of our babies had died in the night- we removed the other two healthy ones from momma and put them in the brooder- they are healthy and doing well. Nature- let's be thankful for life!

So, sad, I cried- one of our babies had died in the night- we removed the other two healthy ones from momma and put them in the brooder- they are healthy and doing well. Nature- let's be thankful for life!

Oh I am so very sorry to hear that :( It is a blessing when we get healthy ducklings. I am glad to hear your other two are ok. Best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom