Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

ok, a little math.... 15 eggs set.... at day 10 i threw away 2 clear, two blood rings and a blob.... that leaves 10 good eggs....yes???? howcome there are 12 good eggs in there?? soooo confused!

ok, a little math.... 15 eggs set.... at day 10 i threw away 2 clear, two blood rings and a blob.... that leaves 10 good eggs....yes???? howcome there are 12 good eggs in there?? soooo confused!

Don't feel bad I thought I had hatched 10 ducklings, got up the next morning and could only find 9 ducks. I tore the brooder apart looking for the extra baby until I realized duh there were only 9. Go figure. Lol

Help... we went moving the ducks to lockdown status. And realized that one duckling had pipped through the air cell AND had made a crack in the egg! But the humidity was low all weekend and it was in an egg turner til today.

We added water to increase humidity and it's still low, can we open it quickly to put water in and should we do anything for the duckling that pipped???

lol! i think the hubby who "didn't want me to hatch this year" is sneaking in call/blue swede eggs in cuz the blue swede is one of his favorite ducks even tho they are "my" ducks....
I know how that is my chickens and ducks were "my thing" but now my husband has become mr involved and has built me the fort knox of chicken/duck houses and the run he is getting ready to build will be about the same way. Love it.

Cross your fingers I am in lock down with 12 East Indie eggs today sure hope I have as good of luck with these little guys as I did my call duck eggs. I will be the one crouched in the kitchen over the incubator for the next few days til they hatch.

Cross your fingers I am in lock down with 12 East Indie eggs today sure hope I have as good of luck with these little guys as I did my call duck eggs. I will be the one crouched in the kitchen over the incubator for the next few days til they hatch.
lol i know how that is... i have two weeks to go and im crouched there already!!

lol i know how that is... i have two weeks to go and im crouched there already!!

The only part of me my dh or did saw during the call ducks hatching was my back and food well they were on their own. Husband knows the drill now he asks about bringing dinner home cause he knows I'm not cookin while there is hatching going on.

Help please! I have 6 duck eggs due to hatch on Friday. I got back last night from a work weekend away and I heard one pipping, and another had a little hole already - 4 or 5 days early!!!

The one with the hole unfortunately died during hatch - I'm about to do take a look and see if it's all fully formed etc. They hadn't gone into lockdown because that wasn't supposed to happen so early - my husband was still turning them over the weekend, we're still only on day 24. Others in there are pipping and rocking - what should I do? Go into lockdown? Any ideas why the one that pipped died? I just don't know why they're all hatching so early
hu.gif

Ok looks like it was shrink wrapped - but that's because it hadn't gone into lockdown yet, humidity was kept at 45 - 55%. Turned it up to 60% this morning and still trying to whack it up. Eggs still rocking and pipping.

Can I slow down a hatch? How can I help these little guys out?

Back
Top Bottom