Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I'd be tempted to break abit of shell away and see what you can see. Maybe it's sleeping!? i hope it is.
Hi Julie! Wow that really is muddy, lucky ducks but poor chickens! I hope it dries up soon. Ouu when are your eggies due?
They are due from now until eternity it seems, lol. The goose eggs all are due within the next 2 weeks or so, the ducks were set 6 so are all staggered from some just set a few days ago to some due I think this weekend, the chickens have only been in a few days. I just hatched 4 serama and 7 chukar over the weekend, and have another dozen or so serama chicks under 6 weeks that I've hatched growing out. And a call duckling. And an olandsk dwarf. And some d'uccles. And I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, lol. So hopefully it dries soon or I'm going to have way too many babies in the house!
It has a small air hole that I can see in a bit I don't see any movement. The air cells on these weren't the greatest
I take a qtip and dampen it after I've made a little hole, and poke it in there and lightly swab the membrane a bit. It'll get them to move a little if they are napping, and makes the membrane more transparent to see where they are at the hatching stage.
fl.gif

Chipped a tiny bit of shell and his little beak peaked through. He is moving now just not much. Come on babies

Phew! Yeah what Julie said sounds good. glad you chipped in, excuse the pun! I dwell like I've been the hatching go to girl the last couple of days! Its a lot of responsibility! Michelle - It's probably just tired. How many did you say you had hatching?

Phew! Yeah what Julie said sounds good. glad you chipped in, excuse the pun! I dwell like I've been the hatching go to girl the last couple of days! Its a lot of responsibility! Michelle - It's probably just tired. How many did you say you had hatching?

I have 12 total in the incubator. 2 have externally pipped but are a day early. Hatch is due tomorrow. These were my first experience with shipped eggs and wanky air cells. I stress like crazy I swear I got more gray when my calls were hatching.

frow.gif

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been on here much. Been super busy! We have been getting so much rain here lately sometime's I swear my house moved to Washington, lol. My run and pens are flooded, I've spent the last month digging ditches in a futile effort to get it drier for the birds. Now the city has started work on storm drainage, which I hope should help once they are done, but in the mean time my fence has been taken out and my birds are having be in their muddy coop and yard 24/7. Plus no fence=no being outside getting anything done since I have 2 toddlers, I can't watch them to make sure they are staying in the yard while in the coop.
he.gif

But the ducks do love it, lol. My chickens haven't laid in 3 weeks though, they aren't doing well with it. So I really wish I could get it taken care of soon!

I've got 12 olandsk dwarf, a couple d'uccle, 18 or so call eggs, and 6 goose eggs in the incubators. And a dozen guinea eggs are on their way to my incubator too.
celebrate.gif

HEY JULES! I was going to ask how have you been
th.gif

SO all this rain is going to stop when ? God Made Mud for Ducks n Geese !

Haha remember your first time
lau.gif

Now your a
old.gif

I have 12 total in the incubator. 2 have externally pipped but are a day early. Hatch is due tomorrow. These were my first experience with shipped eggs and wanky air cells. I stress like crazy I swear I got more gray when my calls were hatching.
Haha Yeh shipped eggs sound really dodgy. I got mine from someone not too far away from me so I just drove over. How are they doing?
HEY JULES! I was going to ask how have you been
th.gif
SO all this rain is going to stop when ? God Made Mud for Ducks n Geese ! Haha remember your first time
lau.gif
Now your a
old.gif
Ha yeah it was only 3 weeks ago! I'm not qualified! But i learnt so much and all 5 are alive screeching and pooping so maybe I didn't do so bad!

Haha Yeh shipped eggs sound really dodgy. I got mine from someone not too far away from me so I just drove over. How are they doing?
Ha yeah it was only 3 weeks ago! I'm not qualified! But i learnt so much and all 5 are alive screeching and pooping so maybe I didn't do so bad!

They are still in the shell, I can see beaks poking out. Have 3 more that just started to externally pip. They are coming out in different areas though, like the sidesnot the bottoms where they should.

I have more shipped eggs coming its tough to find the ducks I want close enough to pick up eggs or babies or trust me that's what I would have done. I have a total of 30 shipped eggs coming from various places of different color calls.

So was there a stinker then!? Yeh sometimes the discolouration is either a bad egg, sometimes I think poop marks, or where the membranes drying where they're about to pip. Lucky you noticed it pip! You can open the incubator but super quick!
No! No stinker! I think you were right about the membrane drying or the poop marks!

Back
Top Bottom