Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

He should be good for a little longer. The trouble is judging it if you do help. A couple that we helped still had active veins going around so all we could do was give them a little air where it had dried up until they were ready to do the rest. It seems where the air sac was dries Ou first. I helped 4 out of 5 of mine. 2 we accidentally hit veins and bled a little but they are all the noisiest healthiest birds around! I'd go with your gut instinct if you have one.

it's rocking! i don't see a pip though..but he's rocking! it's been 24 hours since he pipped, and i know marty said to have a little faith in mother nature....but it's all can do to not let myself get in there!!

I am far from an expert, but I am pretty sure if I hadn't assisted my call ducklings they would not have made it out.

i feel like if they haven't managed an ext pip at 930 tonight i will drill a tiny hole just for air...i know at that point baby #1 has been internally pipped for well over 24 hours

Last edited:
Yeah that sounds like a plan. Just make sure you not only get through the shell but the two membranes too or else there's no point! I'll probs be tucked up in bed when you attempt it, so good luck!

5 rockers now....miss lydia sent me to the assisted hatch page...and since i've not heard any peeping i'm going to wait. i guess they are still getting oxygen from the blood supply. yesteday was scheduled lockdown, and scheduled hatch day isn't until monday... i panicked, i'm good now...patience....

My ducklings are finally starting to get a move on. I've got 2 external pips. Since they've internal pipped I had 4 little chicks hatch out. I had the eggs in there for a neighbor, those little ones already have fluffed and gone to their new home. Just makes the ducklings seem even slower, lol.

One of the cute little fat chicks with a serama who is around 3 weeks old. It's amazing how big large fowl chicks seem when you've hatched nothing but teeny ones for awhile, lol. And these are from red sex link parents, so not huge large fowl.

My ducklings are finally starting to get a move on. I've got 2 external pips. Since they've internal pipped I had 4 little chicks hatch out. I had the eggs in there for a neighbor, those little ones already have fluffed and gone to their new home. Just makes the ducklings seem even slower, lol.

One of the cute little fat chicks with a serama who is around 3 weeks old. It's amazing how big large fowl chicks seem when you've hatched nothing but teeny ones for awhile, lol. And these are from red sex link parents, so not huge large fowl.
Oh boy, do ducks ever keep you waiting. I've been waiting and waiting on the batch I have in right now. Need to play brooder duck-duck-goose and rearrange everyone's living quarters.

Should have a candling report tonight or tomorrow. Ready to give up on the nonperforming turkey eggs.

What cute little chicks.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom