Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Ok, I know DG said videos wouldn't help, but this site was recommended by our school principal (I homeschool through a non-traditional private school for added accountability). My son has a really hard time focusing and sometimes struggles through concepts. Videos walking through the steps are often helpful. Check it out and see if it helps at all! It is free!
http://www.khanacademy.org/

why is it quoting all this??? AHHH!
Becky, you must be a really sweet person. Always finding the good in people. :)

Just stopping in briefly on my way to bed! I am glad that you are helping her with math! I was gonna let her know that I could help her if she ever needed it as well! It can be really hard for homeschool moms to be on top of all the kids at once, but unless they are being belligerent to me I would never refuse to help (and if they are, we work through the attitude so that they can ask nicely). Their books walk them through it pretty good, but I hear, "Mom, I don't understand..." at least 15 times a day! I imagine the divorce and having to provide on her own is about enough to put her over the top!

Oh for the 50's again. I can't wait CUTE CUTE CUTE little FUZZY BUTTS
Yes!! I can't wait for the high 80's!

Thank you for helping her QJ. I love math too.

I hate math, but want to know where she's at. And I just love that kid!

Ok, I know DG said videos wouldn't help, but this site was recommended by our school principal (I homeschool through a non-traditional private school for added accountability). My son has a really hard time focusing and sometimes struggles through concepts. Videos walking through the steps are often helpful. Check it out and see if it helps at all! It is free!
http://www.khanacademy.org/

She's homeschooling through a Christian based home schooling program. They can also choose their own curriculum. How does that work with college acceptance? Is there a such thing as a State Accredited Home Schooling program?

Talking about fuzzy butts, I took this pic of my girls just for you SM!! ;) Oops. Sorry it is sideways!!

love.gif

I don't know all the details of what she is doing, but the school we go through will show up on transcripts as "New Covenant Christian School". Looks just like a real school (and is accredited) because it is considered a non-traditional private school. We are accountable to them for our curriculum, monthly grades, days and hours taught each month, etc. We teach 180 days and do standardized testing every April. The school has a great reputation in the area, and if I were to take them to enroll them in a public school, they would be accepted no problem.

Colleges are actually looking more for homeschoolers now than they used to. They have a good reputation for being self-motivated and perform very well.

Again, don't know her details, but that is where we are at right now! :)

She's homeschooling through a Christian based home schooling program. They can also choose their own curriculum. How does that work with college acceptance? Is there a such thing as a State Accredited Home Schooling program?

Back
Top Bottom