Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Thanks, Celtic! I have it propped vertically in corner of bator now. I re-checked the ebay goose eggs while there, and I can actually see spiders in at least 2 of the eggs. That means I definitely have at least 6 goosie eggs developing... maybe even all 10!!

Ever heard of 100% fertility/development with shipped waterfowl eggs coming from different parts of the country in the dead of winter?
ya.gif

My eggies are ready. I'm a little worried about one, the dark blob just doesn't seem as big as the other, but we shall see. Maybe she's just petite. Call eggs are growing like little monsters, I think they doubled in size when I went a few days without candling. Veining is completely covering the egg in all them, and there's a decent sized dancing blob in all them too. Hoping since they hatch a few days earlier than big ducks I'll see some rocking from them in a few days. I think I may just wait until I see pips to lockdown, if the calls take 25 and the geese take 32 they should be hatching about the same time, although I'm impatient for the geese and hoping for 28 days, lol.

Hi, thought id join in on this thread :)
Well, Ive got 25 eggs in incy and I candled them a couple of days ago and can confirm that 8/9 Buff Orpington Eggs are fertile and 3/4 Buff Sussex eggs are fertile, and I was not pleased with the other Black Orpington Eggs :/
So today is day 20 :D But there is no action from the eggs :( What do u think? should their be action from the eggs?

Thanks

Jacob ;)

Hey everybody!

SM- A horsey ride will do you some good. I hope you check in when you get back.

Julie- I have a couple like that. I don't want to throw them out though because... what if I'm wrong? That is my worst fear with throwing out eggs.

Utah- Yay! And how exciting. I have to wait til Wed for any more hatches.

I had a dream last night that I hatched out 2 Sebbies and they lived in my house. Good grief. Am I a little bit excited? Yes, I think so. (Haven't broken the news to the hubby yet.. but not too worried considering...)

Hi, thought id join in on this thread :)
Well, Ive got 25 eggs in incy and I candled them a couple of days ago and can confirm that 8/9 Buff Orpington Eggs are fertile and 3/4 Buff Sussex eggs are fertile, and I was not pleased with the other Black Orpington Eggs :/
So today is day 20 :D But there is no action from the eggs :( What do u think? should their be action from the eggs?

Thanks

Jacob ;)
Hey JO!! Welcome to our little thread!

Be patient! (It's so much easier to say that to someone else.) LOL! I'm sure they're just resting for their big debut.

Back
Top Bottom