Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

You can check the hydrometer. http://cmfarm.us/HygrometerCalibration.html Hope this link works.

In short, you mix regular (non iodized) table salt in a small bowl with just enough water to make it the consistency of wet sand. Seal bowl of salt mixture w/hydrometer for at least 7 hours in zip lock baggy. It should be 75%. You then adjust accordingly. In other words, if it says 72%, you would always add 3%. If it said 80%, you would always deduct 5%.

well the one that FINALLY came in is from china
has been in travel for 4 weeks.
and said the temp was 80 (my thermomoter say 99.5)
and humidity was 90% (went to that and the temp within 2 seconds )
and the tsc one once again says 63% humidity and temp of about 101 or 102.

so im just takin the chinese one out

Newsflash: I have an external pip!! And more are on their way!!
wee.gif
wee.gif

I can see beaks nosing around just beneath the membrane on both eggs now. I'm stopping turning them and letting them get into position. Hoping I have pips in a day or two, starting to get so excited!

You can check the hydrometer. http://cmfarm.us/HygrometerCalibration.html Hope this link works.

In short, you mix regular (non iodized) table salt in a small bowl with just enough water to make it the consistency of wet sand. Seal bowl of salt mixture w/hydrometer for at least 7 hours in zip lock baggy. It should be 75%. You then adjust accordingly. In other words, if it says 72%, you would always add 3%. If it said 80%, you would always deduct 5%.
ThAts helpful ill have to try it thnks

Yeah for all the hatching Jules, Utah & happy hubbies make happy wives Quackers! Spring the news & make a great dinner !

I was told a long time ago the secret to keeping a man.... Be Betty Crocker in the Kitchen, Martha Stewart in the home, & a whore in the bedroom
hide.gif

We have built another coop, and getting ready to fence off 2 runs with coops, one is 12'x90' & the other is 15'x154'

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom