Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Yes, I got my order in. I would have ordered all "lavenders" but the limit was 6 so I filled the rest of the order with assorted ducklings. Shipping cost me $20.10 (I was going to have someone else go in with me that wanted a different breed and for adding 1 duckling over the min of 10 the shipping jumped way up so we decided not to do that) It's crazy, but once I get the silvers then I'll be set for expanding my ancona color
Yes! I tried to throw in a couple Blacks and my shipping went to like 30 something dollars. I was like... Not paying an extra $15 for 2 eggs. Let me know if you hear back from them, because I haven't gotten anything confirming my order. (Except for the paypal receipt.) I don't like that.

How long ago did they pip?
My geese haven't pipped yet. I'm only on day 27 though, and they are still moving so I'm still hoping they come out ok. Day 20 for my calls already I think. A week or less, and itty bitty ducklings! Guess I better get to work on getting brooders set up. If it stays as nice as it's been I think I setting up and moving the big ducklings outside this weekend.

Same here. I have baby outside too, but bringing it in at night. It would be nice to leave her out all the time though. Almost.. not quite yet.

My 2 that pipped had to have done it within the last hour. I'm not worried about them, now it's just these other 2 I'm concerned about.

Ya know how when you REALLY want a certain breed to hatch and you over obsess? Ya, that's me right now. And it will be the same with the Sebbies. Just a warning.

I haven't heard anything back since I placed the order, but I contacted them before placing the order because I didn't feel comfortable sending money to somewhere I had not received any response back from. They responded back then (probably just to make sure they didn't loose out on an order) so I went ahead and ordered. They said It would be April before I could expect the ducklings.

Yes! I tried to throw in a couple Blacks and my shipping went to like 30 something dollars. I was like... Not paying an extra $15 for 2 eggs. Let me know if you hear back from them, because I haven't gotten anything confirming my order. (Except for the paypal receipt.) I don't like that.

Yes. I have a professional medical stethoscope. I place steth on plastic viewing window and can hear the click click of breathing and the first few squeaks through the steth long before I could hear them without. Also, when they go through resting times during the hatching process, you can hear them clearly and it reassured me all was going according to plans.

Last edited:
great idea.

Yes. I have a professional medical stethoscope. I place steth on plastic viewing window and can hear the click click of breathing and the first few squeaks through the steth long before I could hear them without. Also, when they go through resting times during the hatching process, you can hear them clearly and it reassured me all was going according to plans.

ok, I only ordered eggs, so hopefully they will come sooner than that!
I haven't heard anything back since I placed the order, but I contacted them before placing the order because I didn't feel comfortable sending money to somewhere I had not received any response back from. They responded back then (probably just to make sure they didn't loose out on an order) so I went ahead and ordered. They said It would be April before I could expect the ducklings.

Same here. I have baby outside too, but bringing it in at night. It would be nice to leave her out all the time though. Almost.. not quite yet.

My 2 that pipped had to have done it within the last hour. I'm not worried about them, now it's just these other 2 I'm concerned about.

Ya know how when you REALLY want a certain breed to hatch and you over obsess? Ya, that's me right now. And it will be the same with the Sebbies. Just a warning.

I know. I keep staring at my goose eggs. I just want a gosling, lol, come out now!
On the shrinkwrapped chicks, same as ducks. Qtip, warm water, moisten, peel, stop if you see blood and wrap it in a moist paper towel and let rest. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom