Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

ok so i found 2 eggs in the nest box today.
i think she was being sneaky and hid the 1 from the other day (when i didnt get 1)

so i have a question.
how hard is it to stagger hatch in 1 incubator.
i know a couple of you are doing it.
or would it be easier to just wait until these 2 eggs hatch. i fell like its silly to run this incubator with only 2 eggs in it. when i am getting 1 a day from the calls. that are fertile.

Mine are all staggered. No big whoop. Just a little more work.

ok so i found 2 eggs in the nest box today.
i think she was being sneaky and hid the 1 from the other day (when i didnt get 1)

so i have a question.
how hard is it to stagger hatch in 1 incubator.
i know a couple of you are doing it.
or would it be easier to just wait until these 2 eggs hatch. i fell like its silly to run this incubator with only 2 eggs in it. when i am getting 1 a day from the calls. that are fertile.

When collecting your eggs keep them in a cool spot tilting twice a day for up to 10 days and then set them. That way you have a larger hatch at one time.

QJ pip the shell very carefully so the chick can breath. Oh and congrats on the veining again, so glad the eggs raveled well.

QJ-If you can see it moving in the air cell then I'd make a little hole just so you know it can get air then, then see if it can get anywhere on it's own. Then help it out tonight if it can't. That way it has time to absorb everything and get ready, and you know it can breath.
My last quail eggs have pipped. That means hopefully by tomorrow night I can clean my incubator out. I think I might set some more quail. I am up to my ears in eggs, might as well hatch something.

I have sold 4 eggs so far, just sold a pair actually on eBay and shipping them off today. Depends on how well the girls keep laying if I will offer any more eggs. If our Lilac girls gears up like we are hoping, then we may offer another two white eggs available.

Cool! If you happen to have 2 extra will you let me know. I would love to buy some eggs from you!

Mine are all staggered. No big whoop. Just a little more work.

that makes me fell better =)
grandma is throwing a fit about it .
but for 1 im not wasting call duck eggs.
for 2 i cant trick 1 of the chickens 2 sit when its 30 degrees out . trust me im trying,
and 3 there are only 2 eggs in the bator. im wasting space right now, like u said earlier qj might as well pop a few more in.
do you bump your humidity up very much durring lockdown?

When collecting your eggs keep them in a cool spot tilting twice a day for up to 10 days and then set them. That way you have a larger hatch at one time.

QJ pip the shell very carefully so the chick can breath. Oh and congrats on the veining again, so glad the eggs raveled well.
and celtic.
the eggs are on the kitchen counter (collest room in the house without being COLD)
in an egg carton on their side so the cant rol around.
and im planning on waiting until next week to put them in the bator.

my plan was to put them in like a day before lockdown,. the not very much turning and slightly higher humidity shouldnt affect them that early. right?

Back
Top Bottom