Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Oh no. Which ones were these? So sorry.

I decided to try and get pictures but I couldn't get them to show up. They were such a mess. So I took out 2 of them and when I got them in the kitchen you could tell just by looking at the color of the egg shell that they were gonners. So I put each in a plastic bag and broke the air cell to get in to see what was going on. They were nasty nasty nasty. Oh they were dead. Not fully formed but they had a head and beak. but I saw no legs at all.

So the last 2 of my WH eggs I got both the candler and my great flashlight and looked and looked and looked again. Didn't see any movement at all. I waited a bit and did it again. Still no movement. So I put one in a bag and brought open the air cell. couldn't see anything. So I brought open the sac and there was a baby and it was breathing..... I feel so terrible.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I put the other one back in the incubator and I feel so shitty now. I killed a baby. One that I really needed but I killed it. I can't believe I did that.

You are sure not the first one to make that mistake. I just read another similar post today actually. That really really sucks SM. I'm SO sorry.
So the last 2 of my WH eggs I got both the candler and my great flashlight and looked and looked and looked again. Didn't see any movement at all. I waited a bit and did it again. Still no movement. So I put one in a bag and brought open the air cell. couldn't see anything. So I brought open the sac and there was a baby and it was breathing..... I feel so terrible.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I put the other one back in the incubator and I feel so shitty now. I killed a baby. One that I really needed but I killed it. I can't believe I did that.

SM- Thats a bad bad thing to have happen, I'm sorry that the ones were so yucky and even more sorry that you found a live one that died after opening.
fl.gif
that your other egg hatches for you.

So an update for everyone. I put my chicken duck and turkey eggs in the bator. Everyone is cooking away. Temp and humidity is perfect. Will be putting the others in lockdown in a little while. I am so excited!

Back
Top Bottom