Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

FINALLY GOT MY HMIDITY DOWN A LIL.
not sure how.
came home and the humidity is down to like 52%
im guessing it is ALMOST out of water. i'll have to try just putting water in 1 tray in the am.
can't wait to see my duckies in the mornin.
lol

I have a little magpie call looking duckling almost out of his shell, and I pipped the egg at the wrong end at the wrong end for it, and pulled it's beak out the membrane for it. It was at the tiny end, and with his big head and short beak I think there's no way he could have done it. It's been a few hours and he's still moving and breathing. Hopefully he makes it until morning so I can help it the rest of the way.

Oh good! pics in the morning!

I have a little magpie call looking duckling almost out of his shell, and I pipped the egg at the wrong end at the wrong end for it, and pulled it's beak out the membrane for it. It was at the tiny end, and with his big head and short beak I think there's no way he could have done it. It's been a few hours and he's still moving and breathing. Hopefully he makes it until morning so I can help it the rest of the way.

magpies are so adorable =)
the bad thing is it will look black until it molts the first time.
then if its a blue it will turn blue.
or thats wat happened with mine. he was black for the longest time, then after he molted everything turned blue like overnight.

News Flash : It's a black.

darnit =/
could it still carry the choc gene?

CG: Yes, but.. it will take so long to find out. You know what I mean? Might look for another batch with a different breeder.
yea.
well if you get more eggs atleast youd have 2 gene pools.
keep your eyes pealed.

grrr
the roads are bad here.
its snowing.
i thought we would get away with a very mild winter.
guess i was wrong .
its kinda hittin us now.
i hope my hen keeps layin.

Morning All,

We have a large order for ducks and geese, thus the reason for setting so many.

YES geese can be helped if needed, check out Pete's info on assisted hatches. He has step by step with pictures.

SM sorry about your eggs, don't feel bad though it's an easy mistake.

We have a pied call duck externally pipped and the Sebbie has internally pipped over night. Will be watching it closely between customer pick ups today.

Have an artic front coming through down here, will see 60's today which is cold for us. Good fence weather though so will be digging a few more holes.

Back
Top Bottom