Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Good morning!

Chicken, got any new pics for us of your anconas?

CG, Yay on the humidity getting lowered! I'm really pulling for your eggs!

SM, how are you today? Any better?

Celtic... great news about the the sebbie... now we wait and wait... :)

QJ, any luck catching hubby in good mood to tell him about the new goosies on the way?

Julie, latest update on call duckling??? I wanna see pics!!

Sorry if I forgot anyone else!!

Wry neck is doing a touch better. The head is not quite as tilted as yesterday. Little bugger has a lot of spirit and with the extra attention, he is now convinced he is the special favorite pick of the group. And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new ducky pen!! Hubby is the greatest! Here is a pic:

Good morning!

Chicken, got any new pics for us of your anconas?

CG, Yay on the humidity getting lowered! I'm really pulling for your eggs!

SM, how are you today? Any better?

Celtic... great news about the the sebbie... now we wait and wait... :)

QJ, any luck catching hubby in good mood to tell him about the new goosies on the way?

Julie, latest update on call duckling??? I wanna see pics!!

Sorry if I forgot anyone else!!

Wry neck is doing a touch better. The head is not quite as tilted as yesterday. Little bugger has a lot of spirit and with the extra attention, he is now convinced he is the special favorite pick of the group. And, I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new ducky pen!! Hubby is the greatest! Here is a pic:

thanks.
im hoping i can keep it down so my air cells incease.
both eggs are doing good today. they were both very lively.

got an egg early today 2 i usually dont have 1 in the box till later.
but who knows maybe more than 1 hen is laying and they lay on opposite days.

and this picture reminds me of the ugly duckling story.
since they are all black with the yellow ancona.
its cute.

That duck that I killed was chasing me last night. It had a screwdriver in its beak. That's what I used to open the egg. It chasing me all over and then it went after fluffy and ate poor little fluffy.

CG, I read that misting eggs helps to increase air cell too. Then again, you have enough time to get air cells bigger just by lowering humidity. With my guys, I was keeping it between 55-58% and realized the cells were too small on day 20... so I knocked it down to 40% until they started to internally pip, and it worked out pretty good for me. The set I have in my bator now, I am keeping it between 50-53% and my air cells are growing better than last time.

SM: Wow! That is vivid.
sad.png

Hubby and I are going to a concealed weapons class today so we can get our permit to carry. Then I have to take my llittle 22 in and get the safetty fixed on itm

CG, I read that misting eggs helps to increase air cell too. Then again, you have enough time to get air cells bigger just by lowering humidity. With my guys, I was keeping it between 55-58% and realized the cells were too small on day 20... so I knocked it down to 40% until they started to internally pip, and it worked out pretty good for me. The set I have in my bator now, I am keeping it between 50-53% and my air cells are growing better than last time.

SM: Wow! That is vivid.
sad.png

yea ive been trying to get mine down and couldnt .
but when i quit trying it went down lol.

=)

Well good morning everyone, or should I say good afternoon. Been a long morning already! Have a hen that got out and was attacked by a hawk. She is okay, just has a puncture hole through her neck. Thankfully my dog saw it happen and went straight after the hawk so it didnt have a chance to carry her off. So I have been babying her for the last few hours and she is all bandaged up and acting like nothing happened. She is even siting in the nest box now laying an egg. She is my tough girl.
smile.png
All water was frozen this morning as well so I had to fix that. And clean the duck coop cause my little muscovy drake decided it would be a good idea to throw all the water out of the dish I have in there for overnight.
roll.png
Oh and put the eggs in lockdown this morning. Almost dropped one.
hide.gif

Hows everyones babies doing?

There are 2 magpie looking ducklings out and 1 snowy maybe.
This is the little wrong end pipper. It's still breathing and peeping so I'll let it rest until tonight and see if it's ready to go further. I've never pipped for one before that hadn't internally pipped, so I didn't really expect to see him still going this morning.

This is another. It internal pipped the night before last but never went further or looked ready to go any further. I just moistened him and pulled his head out thinking he was shrinkwrapped and there are 2 yolks in there! He is really small for as big an egg as he's in, do you think there's another duckling in there? What do I do?

Back
Top Bottom