Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I took a 2 min video this morning of Twist (the wry neck duckling). Hubby also thinks he sees improvement, in that head is not bent all the way towards shoulder anymore. There are times when he preens or plays with threads on towel that I cannot tell him apart from the others. What do you guys think? Vitamin problems? Ear infection? Injury?

I took a 2 min video this morning of Twist (the wry neck duckling). Hubby also thinks he sees improvement, in that head is not bent all the way towards shoulder anymore. There are times when he preens or plays with threads on towel that I cannot tell him apart from the others. What do you guys think? Vitamin problems? Ear infection? Injury?
They are adorable. Are you giving him any type of vitamins? Poultry nutridrench would be good.

Thanks, guys! I don't think he is in a life & death situation, but I sure wish his neck wasn't like that. And.... is it true about the noisier they are, the more likely they are female? If so, then Twist is probably female.

Lydia, when Twist displayed the twisted neck 2 days ago, I started him right away on polyvisol drops... 1 drop 4 times daily. I went to 2 feed stores yesterday to find poultry specific vitamins. The first place had not heard of it. The 2nd place said it was too early in season for them to have it in stock.

I saw this on another thread and know how much Cocoa "LOVES" emus, so had to share.
frow.gif
(Not one sandwich was injured/sacrificed during this video!) Mary is The Sheriff here on BYC.

Have you ever seen this video of Mary's? This is a copy of her blog from September 19, 2011. (Be sure to go there and leave a comment on her blog!)

Quote:

The little duckling with the extra yolks died. I pulled it out a little bit and there were 3 of them under it. I guess it's yolk split up too much and it couldn't absorb it or something.
sad.png

But, if all goes well it looks like I have 2 magpied looking ducklings, 3 snowy, and a white.
smile.png
The wrong way pipped one is doing good, starting to try to move out more and peeping up a storm. She's the one who looks like she might be white. They are so freaking cute, can't wait until they are out and fluffy.

Well out of my 11 French Moron eggs ~ I have 5 hatched, 3 zipping, & 3 just hanging out !
woot.gif

BUT my Lav orps out of 5 eggs, down to 4. 1 Hatched, and the other 3 are well
fl.gif

So I haven't got caught up yet, so whats the news of everyones hatching last night & this morning?

Last edited:

This is my little wrong end pipper so far. I think she may end up being my cutest duckling ever. She's got about a dime size yolk left, so she and her snowy buddy should be out tonight. So, by tomorrow I will have a picture of 6 cute fluffy little calls.

Back
Top Bottom