Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Too awake for sleep now. As soon as the sun is up I am going to get outside ducks pool water changed, clean their pen up skittles and then come back in and check on crelos to see if they can be moved out of incubator so I can clean it and get it ready for next batch to go in. Did you see my question about the duck with the funny neck and acting like it was convulsions

Hey Still, the bloodrings would be early formation and death. Bloodrings don't form in infertile eggs. The duckling with the head issue sounds like star gazing. Normal treatment is poly vi sol or chick saver mixed in water and given via a dropper to help boost their system. Remember Iain's duckling she nursed through?

No idea what PayPal is doing with echecks, my bank freaked thinking it was a fraud since I don't use echeck ever. I sent a request for it to just be taken from the PayPal balance as I didn't select echeck as the source.

The other goose eggs, have they been auto turned or hand turned? I tend to 45* lean shipped goose eggs and hand turn to help the air cells settle during incubation.

Whats in the bator right now? If I remember right you are full to the brim right?

lockdown is this weekend.
still havent gotten my humidity down to enlarge air cells. tried opening vents and that didnt work.
so what can i do? just hope for the best?
ill check them again when i get home but i dont think they have changed.
they should start dropping anytime now to.
these babies have my humidity ridin high lately.
its now at 45%
tried everything i could think of .
and i know its gona go up bcuz i need to add water when i get home.

Hey Still, the bloodrings would be early formation and death. Bloodrings don't form in infertile eggs. The duckling with the head issue sounds like star gazing. Normal treatment is poly vi sol or chick saver mixed in water and given via a dropper to help boost their system. Remember Iain's duckling she nursed through?

No idea what PayPal is doing with echecks, my bank freaked thinking it was a fraud since I don't use echeck ever. I sent a request for it to just be taken from the PayPal balance as I didn't select echeck as the source. 

The other goose eggs, have they been auto turned or hand turned? I tend to 45* lean shipped goose eggs and hand turn to help the air cells settle during incubation.

Whats in the bator right now? If I remember right you are full to the brim right?

So throw Africans away then. The other geese eggs I have not turned yet. I start that today. I just emptied an incubator full of Perkins and rearranged some so I am dispursed equally now. I have one Sebbie that is still going strong and it is in with the Ancona eggs, as is the eggs from erijn. But it looks like those Toulouse eggs are scrambled. They just look all yellow inside. And I hand turn all goose eggs

Last edited:
Still, yes toss the blood ring eggs so they don't get gross on you. How many days post hatch is the duckling? Did it hatch assisted or unassisted? I would start the poly vi sol or chick saver. If it isn't dry and warm move it closer to heat or back into a bator.

CG, no reason to add water if the humidity is running to high right now. If you have trouble reducing weight during incubation you need to run with out water in the bator. I cant run water in the small bators during incubation or the eggs don't do as well. If the air cells haven't started dipping enough, you can cool for 20-30 min and mist while out. Once the time is up put them back. You don't technically have to go into lockdown on a set date, but do once they internally pip. Good luck with the hatch this weekend. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom