Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

When you cool them, do you set them out on a towel, and then spray right before you put them back? Since my ducks are in a mixed lot, i've been setting them out for just a few minutes on a towel, and spraying last. In a uniform bator, with all ducks same age, I'd just spray them every morning, but no air time.

I'm wondering how to manage the goose eggs, since they are also in a mixed bator. Is it ok to set them out the whole 10-15 cool? I assume otheres just open the bator, or pull out a try. Of course you know about assume.......
I have a clean paper towel in a big flat bottom bowl that I cool mine in since I have a multi hatch going

We have a pear and 2 apple trees in our yard. Nothing touched them last year, but I'll throw some in for the geese if they like them. We have persimmons too, and the ducks ate some but most just sat on the ground for me to squish. Nothing grew in their yard last year pretty much at all, so last fall I had hubby trim a bunch of the tree canopy over head and I tilled it hoping something will this year.

persimmons! I've not had one of those in years!

9 fluffy cute babies. 1 still in the incubator, giving him a few more hours but he was the last to come out of his shell so he's a tiny bit behind.
Going out today and seeing if I can get my 3 snowy's to quack. I've got a few real quacks from the magpies, just need the others to confirm if they are boys or girls.
frow.gif
hi Baby girls, Trying to figure out names for them. They all are adorable!!!

The Silver Appleyards... Thought I had 2 boys and 2 girls. Now I'm not so sure...

Fiona and the babies. She is still VERY tame and will follow me everywhere. I hope that continues!

I suspect the girls are wanting to lay in this bush. This was Rosalee's favorite spot last year.

Ok Marty- So I should start with one thing. Let me look at this catalog and I'll run some things by ya. I would want a tomato. We are big tomato peeps in this fam.

The best variety for you would depend on your weather. Around here in the midwest high plains, Brandywine and Mr. Stripey both do very well. They are nondetermine varieties, they will produce until frost. Plant them early in Mid April, or sooner if you will cover them w/ a box at night. That'll get you fruit sooner. If you like old tomatoe flavor - some acidity and richness. I like Pink Brandywine, but mr. stripey is beautiful and richly flavored also.

The teenagers: From left to right, BLRW, Auburn java, the 3 cream legbars and 2 light sussex.

I think I have a pair of light sussex. This one being the hen.

And then my Auburn java that I just think is gorgeous. I have black javas in the brooder still so I'll use those to breed. Do you think hen or rooster?

One of the cream legbars is peeking from behind her. Out of all of them so far, they are my favorite breed.

QJ that is just adorable!!!!!
It's been raining none stop here for weeks.. Homes are getting flooded and roads are getting torn up :( but my ducks are loving the huge puddles in the yard lol!!! Almost a gray big pond in my back yard.
Oh HI EVERYONE!!!!
Im on my phone right now

Back
Top Bottom