Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

You've got eggs coming out of your ears girl!

i know. lol.

we dont do anything with the cochin eggs. sometimes bake with them .
but they ususally just get fried for the cats.
i cant figure out where the red hen is laying. she lays the green eggs, i use them for crafts.

and i usually only get 2 eggs a day from the ducks.
ill really be in trouble when i get 4 a day. lol.
swap meets are comin up so im going to get a few more chciken hens.
hopefully a couple silkies. maybe some speckled cochins,
depends what i can find.

and im still on the hunt for 2 more duck hens (a white for gma, and a gray pied for me) =)

What did I miss about quail? Whos got lots of quail coming?

I need a better source for quail. I've only gotten 4 out of the last two hatches from purchase, and 0 from the last one.
rant.gif

oh my they are soooo adorable!

and the calls should quack when you pick them up. the boys will just peep.
its how i knew when mine were girls.

Mine don't do anything. They are the quietest ducks I've ever had. I will try that again today though.

I have a clean paper towel in a big flat bottom bowl that I cool mine in since I have a multi hatch going

persimmons! I've not had one of those in years!

Ours are the yucky wild kind. Too much work for how little you get out of them. I was hoping the ducks would eat them.

The Silver Appleyards... Thought I had 2 boys and 2 girls. Now I'm not so sure...

Fiona and the babies. She is still VERY tame and will follow me everywhere. I hope that continues!

I suspect the girls are wanting to lay in this bush. This was Rosalee's favorite spot last year.

Wow, they are growing fast. So cute!

She died. I think she had problems with her brain. She was twitching and shaking all the time.

hugs.gif

What did I miss about quail? Whos got lots of quail coming?

I need a better source for quail. I've only gotten 4 out of the last two hatches from purchase, and 0 from the last one.
rant.gif
Me too. I've only bought one set of eggs, but got 5 babies out of 60 eggs and the one's I got out of that hatch aren't the best. They need some new blood I think.

Congrats Evelle on the new chickens!

Hubby just tilled the chickens yard, so off to try to get something growing in there.

Julie, supposedly there are lots of great quail breeders in KS and MO. We must be able to find ONE between us, so we could go pick up the eggs. They are so delicate, that few survive shipping.

The four I got, only one is true coturnix. The others appear to be tuxedos. Not what I was expecting.

Back
Top Bottom