Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

love.gif

Uno is a week old today.

the quail are 3 weeks tomarrow.

Wow, that looks a lot like my old chicken tractor. I just bought some heavy duts wheels big enough to go over grass, screwed them onto the bottem, and rolled it around every day.

I think it looks both sturdy and practical.
thumbsup.gif

Lets trade some eggs when your fertility is up. My newest babies (my avatar) will be laying in about 4 weeks. It looks like I've got 2 males, and 2 females. I"m putting them togather soon in breeding groups. Since you like tuexedos, we could just trade, equal eggs. That would be awesome, and i won't be ready again until after Easter anyway.

I've got 9 special fancy european button quail eggs in too. They are due in about 10 days. Hard to candle my quail, how do you do it? The non-jumbos are just so small!
I would be happy to.
I only candle at 10 days, and then I toss clear ones. Good ones should be dark. That's all I can see to do, although mine forget to spot a lot of their eggs and I can see in the plain white ones good, but not the blue.

If you want some nice jumbo browns, Mobyquail, fatdaddy, and millebantam (from the quail forum) have some amazing tatanka lines. Largest coturnix out there that I know of. Browns and whites.

I think I'm going to ask someone on there for my next batch.

I was reviewing my hatching calendar... and realized my goslings turned 3 weeks old today. I thought I'd share a couple of pics to celebrate the occasion.

love.gif

love.gif

Uno is a week old today.

the quail are 3 weeks tomarrow.

Love uno! Can't wait for my poults. I still think they are the sweetest babies of all of them.

Julie - I'm getting in touch w/3 different KS Giants breeders. If they work out, you want a connection?

Also, yes, the baby turks are adorable. Uno is my first this year. Last year I had great success w/my fresh eggs. Lost that mail due to thanksgiving though, so I'm hoping Uno can restore balance to the flock. (besides, shipped eggs hatch bad sometimes)

Thanks all! I know they are only 3 weeks old, but I can't see how they would be disliked as a breed. They are such big babies!!

DG, 3 of the 4 babies are from Celtic's eggs... so if you want some, they are easy to get.
wink.png

Morning! 7am here.
Ev - RED laced BLUE Wyandottes??? Can't wait to see pics. Wow. Never seen that colour before.
Cass, really sorry about your ducklings
sad.png
Think you said no sign of injury. Do you know if too much inbreeding is an issue? That can be associated with duckling deaths at about a week to 10 days old. But it seems crazy that both would die at exactly the same time without some kind of mishap being involved. Poor you
sad.png

I don't think inbreeding was an issue. There very well COULD have been a mishap...they were both fine that morning when I went out and by afternoon both were stiff. In the position of laying on their bellies.

Hey guys -

DO you know someone who is nice?

Knowledgable about any/all birds/fowl?

Is a great combination of both?

Please consider nominating them for BYC friend, educator, or spirit. I've nominated a very kind person, and a very knowledgable person. Lets all go recognize the folks who make us glad we come here.

Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/483359/byc-recognition-awards-february-winners-announced

Lets show whos got that BYC spirit

Back
Top Bottom