Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

I can't wait to hear how the dewlaps are. I so want to candle some more, I hope my babies are making!

Lots of Anconas. I want blue eggs. 1 silver apple??? I'm guessing like the Cayugas, more were set originally? Do you allready have silver appleyards?
I have 8 Ancona and 2 Cayuga eggs on day 20, 13 Ancona on day 16, 3 Toulouse, 3 Africans and 1 silver apple on day 15, and 6 Cayuga and erin's Toulouse on day 3. I get my precious dewlaps tomorrow!

Last edited:
Squishy and ducky friends 1st swim

Squishy and a buff

my new bator/hatcher we're building... holds 2 egg turners and a bottom for hatching
celebrate.gif

Wow, that is going to be one amazing incubator!

barnie.gif
No room! No room! NO ROOM!

Always great to see you SM! Whats new? You gonna get some more eggies?? Hows the new brand of bator you were gonna try? Did you get it??

The "no room in the bator" mantra didn't work for me. I'm looking for Marans eggs for work now.

Oh I got it a long time ago. And I love it. It keeps the temp and the humidity to a T. I only use it now to incubate in though and use the LG to hatch in. I have 8 Pekins and 12 Crelo chickens hatch over the last two nights. Now I get a break for a week and a half. Sold Jonny today and got more than I ever thought I would for him.... $25.00!!!!! No hesitation at all. the lady loved him.

Is that the one you posted the link to recently? I'm so stuck on my Hovabator, though I wish I could get a cabinet bator.

here the rock pics:

Now, don't you think the lilacs would go great with the pink quartz pieces, and red granite pieces??

That is so pretty!

sitting back drinking some Gold Marquitas, No hatching for a week. Rest and relaxing. Robyn, my Buff duck, has been sitting on 5 eggs all day. She got off once to go for a swim, drink and eat and back to the eggs she went. I am going to try to candle them on Sunday to see if Jonny did his business before he left. I am so happy that drake is gone..
celebrate.gif

Go Robyn! I hope she hatches you beautiful babies, SM!

(she said Pee Pee.)
gig.gif

Pee Pee. Speaking of... my boss thinks I need to learn to vent sex. I'd rather sell straight run, I don't trust myself.

I just planted 20 Strawberry plants and about 200 feet of potatoes.. I took pics. Because it's so interesting to you all I'm sure. LOL. I'm just excited.

Oh, we also planted another blackberry and a raspberry. Someday I'll be up to my ears in berries.

Sweetness. Not much going on outside where I live. It's been snow, wind, a monsoon and today we had all four seasons. I've got pepper plants in my loft, months until they can go outside.

Thats great! The broccoli and cabbage I planted late in fall and mulches have grown a bunch, after such a mild winter. Planted lettuce, carrots, and peas. I'm not digging any potatoes! (We don't eat them much, but I love new peas and potatoes)

Your not the onlyone interested, right Julie???

I'm interested too! Love gardening.

So far I've planted about 700 sq feet of grass and wildflowers for the birds, some daffodils and tulips which are already blooming, rhubarb, grapes, and asparagus. I need to fertilize and weed my strawberry bed, but it's coming back great. Moved some pepper, marigold, and tomato seedlings out to harden off, planted a bunch more. Planting peas, sunflowers, and whatever else I get around to tomorrow. Also seeing if the honeysuckle are ready for cuttings yet, I plan on growing them in the shady spots along the fence and run where nothing else will grow. I can't ever get blackberry or rasberries to grow here.

Wow. I need to seed my front yard with clover soon. I'd rather have clover than grass.

Here's one of my little strawberry plants. It's so precious.

And the potato row.

I love spring. I might be a little too excited about getting in the garden today. Just know I realize this.

Great garden! I wish everything up here wasn't muck right now. I could technically plant stuff out at the farm if the tractor wouldn't get stuck in the mud like last year. I think it got 3 feet deep. Took two more tractors to pull it out.

Oh and one more thing..

Pee Pee.

She said Pee Pee!

I had 13 cayugas originally set. They were all a mess. The last 2 to remain still have a lot of fluid and I am not sure they will hatch. The silver apple was a bonus egg from Celtic. Not sure what we will do with it, if it hatches, but hubby is looking forward to it hatching.

My buff dewlaps were processed through salt lake city sorting office tonight, which means they are right on schedule for tomorrow's delivery. I am super excited!

that Uno pic was an accident. When I took quail pics, i caught my daughters poster in the background. I just thought it would be a cool pic with Uno, soo..... What makes it worse is this:

Now, having a heard of volkswagens, including Granny (the van) doesn't make one a hippie. Having black light art doesn't make one a hippy.

Of course it doesn't mean one isn't a hippie.... LOL

Hey QJ - do hippies have pee pees???

glad you have more Cayugas now. That lady has beautiful birds. I loved the pics. Next Thursday I will be getting 10 eggs from my local girl. Still waiting on pics of her birds.
fl.gif
That they are some degree a good quality.

I had 13 cayugas originally set. They were all a mess. The last 2 to remain still have a lot of fluid and I am not sure they will hatch. The silver apple was a bonus egg from Celtic. Not sure what we will do with it, if it hatches, but hubby is looking forward to it hatching.
My buff dewlaps were processed through salt lake city sorting office tonight, which means they are right on schedule for tomorrow's delivery. I am super excited!

Back
Top Bottom