Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Okay so out of 22 eggs 10 mad it full term then I put them in lock down to early and shrink wraped them but 6 out of ten hatched man those things really hatch once they want out it takes seconds. It was so fun watching them actually go from a tIny little hole to compleatly out in a few short mins.

I can't get pictures since oil on my Phone and don't know how..
But I'll be sure to take some then wen my Internet get back and running then I will post :)

Yay for the hatchers Evelle!
So I went to let the birds out and the part I penned off for the babies is flooded. Poor things were soaked and shivering, and it's supposed to rain all day again. I picked that area because it's the most sheltered in the run because it's under the quail cage which is covered on 3 sides. When it dries out I'll put a platform in there for the next group, but I'm just leaving these guys out. They made friends with the big ducks, and are even sharing the pool. Little bossy still chases the big ducks, but other than that they are all hanging out together.

Congrats for the new hatchlings, Evelle!

Julie, I can't wait to turn my babies out. Hopefully the weather will warm up enough by tomorrow to at least do daily turnout. I only have one week left before I have to free up a pen in the brooder room for the new babies.

I just sent them an e-mail, telling them how I knew you, talking about how lovely thier geese are, extolling the virtues of my property, and in general, begging
bow.gif
them to let me buy 4 eggs to ship after easter.

Anything for my eggies....
love.gif

Please do mention me... except they know me by my name, which is Janet. :)

LOL Marty! I'm sure they will be happy to sell you eggs. They are very nice people. Let's hope I see spiders in the next couple of days!

"No eggs for you!" Sorry Marty, you reminded me of the soup nazi on Seinfeld.

Yay for your hatch Evelle! How are you feeling lately?

I can't let me Fiona and the babies out cuz it's too wet and chilly. IMO. And she is Pi$$ed at me. Whew! Who knew Geese were like teenage girls.

Lol QJ. I wish I had room to bring my babies in and dry them off. They would be upset though. Today is their first day free ranging without mommy babysitting. I keep looking out the window and the ducks are pulling up worms and the geese are gorging themselves on grass. The big ducks are sticking close, they have tons of puddles. They've even managed to dry out. Wonder if they'll go with the big ducks to the coop tonight or if they'll try to go back to their brooder. They haven't went near it so far, too much food and water in the yard.

LOL, Jaz! The cayugas have not hatched... yet. They both have a lot of fluid to them. One is so bad it is still propped upright. I am really unsure they will hatch out ok. Will you be around to help me assist with the hatching??
big_smile.png

However, seeing 6 perfect cayuga eggs on day 6 gives me a lot of hope that eventually we will hatch mates for our trio.

Where did you get your 6 Cayuga eggs ? Was it ebay? I have missed the post of it (when I went missing for a kupl days ;)

Back
Top Bottom