Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

so i have 9 eggs in the bator set to hatch tonight. they are actually starting to shake on occasion, wasnt expecting that at all. can anyone tell me what to expect from here on out and give me any pointers, this is my first hatch
relax and expect to stress
hugs.gif

GQ: I want to get into bee keeping!! I've been researching it for a couple years now. (yes, a couple years). I've talked to the Missouri Beekeeper Association and there are a few people I can get in touch with around here.. but let me ask you one thing.. Is it hard to get the bees to "like" their new hive? Cuz I've heard that can be a tricky process.

Which reminds me of a story about my Great Uncle John. He was a bee charmer. ;)

oooo fresh HONEY and more stories
lau.gif

QUESTION: My sweet cayuga, Squeak, who turned 2 months old yesterday, has been making a foghorn type noise the past few days.... each day is louder and I swear my ears are playing tricks on me because it seems like it is starting to sound more Twist, who is definitely a girl. The other two boys have been getting quieter with more a cross between a hiss and a whistle. Is it possible that Squeak is a girl???

Beekeeping?? Of course that makes me want to share a piece of trivia. Utah is "the beehive state".

QUESTION: My sweet cayuga, Squeak, who turned 2 months old yesterday, has been making a foghorn type noise the past few days.... each day is louder and I swear my ears are playing tricks on me because it seems like it is starting to sound more Twist, who is definitely a girl. The other two boys have been getting quieter with more a cross between a hiss and a whistle. Is it possible that Squeak is a girl???

Beekeeping?? Of course that makes me want to share a piece of trivia. Utah is "the beehive state".

I'm just now trying to pay attention to the sounds they make. I'm trying to get this whoopie cushion sound that ya'll talk about down. They all sound like whoopie cushions to me.

I LOVE honey. And it's hard to find the comb around here without paying 5 million dollars. Plus my dad has a bunch of clover growing in the back pasture. AND I think it would be cool.

Oh one more thing... Ancona boy is now trying to mate with the boy silver appleyard. (??) He's not gonna get far there.

So far he's pretty much mating with anything BUT the female ancona. Maybe he doesn't like the looks of her. I happen to think she's pretty.

Tomorrow is lockdown for turkeys.
fl.gif
Still have 7 rocking, hope they hatch.

Yay Julie!
fl.gif

Love the baby squirrel!
love.gif
We raised a couple one year, when their momma got squashed on the road. We named them Sandy (yes, Spongebob's friend. Our kids were little.) and Peevy (my dad named that one). We had so much fun with them, and even after we released them, they would come back and chatter for pecans.

You know, I faithfully catch up on this thread every day. It takes me awhile! LOL

Oh one more thing... Ancona boy is now trying to mate with the boy silver appleyard. (??) He's not gonna get far there.

So far he's pretty much mating with anything BUT the female ancona. Maybe he doesn't like the looks of her. I happen to think she's pretty.

LOL! Can you make a separate area for the two?

When is the first sign of drake feathers on cayugas? Perhaps I can be on the lookout for changes like that between my three?

Back
Top Bottom