Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

they rock on occasion, 2 more have pipped and the humidity is plenty high. i'm using a little giant bator. all eggs were candled throughout the incubation period. only 1 was infertile. all the others grew well and the airsacks are about the size they should be

There should be a info sheet for all people needing hatching help. Type of bator, still or forced, temp & humidity during cooking, and in lockdown, what type of eggs, what day they are on, how many eggs?

QJ, you had the same exact reaction as Celtic. But what I don't understand is how I could make breeding pairs if both sets of dewlaps came from same stock? Isn't that brother/sister pairing?

they rock on occasion, 2 more have pipped and the humidity is plenty high. i'm using a little giant bator. all eggs were candled throughout the incubation period. only 1 was infertile. all the others grew well and the airsacks are about the size they should be

Do you have a forced air or still air?

There should be a info sheet for all people needing hatching help. Type of bator, still or forced, temp & humidity during cooking, and in lockdown, what type of eggs, what day they are on, how many eggs?

I'm working on one. ;) It's something I've wanted to do for a long time.

QJ, you had the same exact reaction as Celtic. But what I don't understand is how I could make breeding pairs if both sets of dewlaps came from same stock? Isn't that brother/sister pairing?

Many people who breed do the bro/sis thing and then introduce new blood after awhile.. What's that called.. Line breeding? I think. I would get them.

They are pretty. Are they show quality? If not, you can get choc bantam oe from ideal for a lot cheaper, unless you want to hatch yourself.

I'll look into that. They are not show quality.. I do like hatching myself.. but don't really care either way. I'll look at ideal right now. I didn't know that they had the choc gene anywhere there. Thanks!

Utah: Just watched your video. GIRL! That's my vote.

I just rounded mine up to grab each one and listen to them... and I need help! Okay.. They all sound the same with the exception of one. One is raspy but the other 6 are have a more high pitched squeak.

But there's no way I got 6 girls and 1 boy.. is there? No way..

So basically, maybe they're too young? This sucks!!

QJ, I dunno.... brother/sister breeding pairs sounds pretty inbred to me.

I am thinking Squeak is a girl more and more too. She really has more volume than the other two boys, has no whistle quality, and keeps reminding me of a muted honk or fog horn. Either way, he/she is a keeper!!

Back
Top Bottom