Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

Oh, the horse did not die. It does get injured, and that was extremely hard to watch but he lives. Thanks Dutch and keep your chin up about your boy. Horses are amazing healers sometimes and even more amazing is the injuries they come up with in the first place. I've heard really good things about vetericin (sp) for wounds have you thought about using something like that?

Hmmm...may watch it then. I have used Bannixx...a new one on the market and along the same lines as the Vetericyn but I ran out. I bought a big bottle of the Vetericyn yesterday. I like both of them because it's easy to spray them deep into the wounds, and they encourage granulation to speed up the healing process.
I'm going to miss out riding this whole summer :(

What do you guys think of these for the chocolate gene?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13067481262...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1091wt_1185

She's a reputable person.

QJ....are you wanting the chocolate gene for bantams or LF? I got a batch of chocolate OEGB's from Ideal for that purpose, and they had very nice color. I got a couple gorgeous chocolate boys in the mix. But, I was wanting the gene in LF, which would have meant artificially insemenating the bantam rooster to the LF hen because they were just too small. Anyway...Ideal's chocolate OEGB's would be a good choice for the gene.

The buff dewlap eggs sold. I'm very happy for the seller.
big_smile.png

I also found this listing and emailed seller asking her fertility rate and how she packages eggs for shipping:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220988869777&fromMakeTrack=true

I need to sell 7 chickens yet. Man do they stink!!!

LOL!

I have 11 baby ducks leaving tomorrow morning.

Are you sad?

still air.
That's good. The forced air holds the temp better but then dries them out at hatch time. IMO. How are they doing now?

QJ....are you wanting the chocolate gene for bantams or LF? I got a batch of chocolate OEGB's from Ideal for that purpose, and they had very nice color. I got a couple gorgeous chocolate boys in the mix. But, I was wanting the gene in LF, which would have meant artificially insemenating the bantam rooster to the LF hen because they were just too small. Anyway...Ideal's chocolate OEGB's would be a good choice for the gene.

Well... I have a couple different ideas for projects in mind. But this is good info you just gave me. Thanks!

Today I got home and the silkies are pipped and fussing at me. Oh my! Also have pheasant and turkey due.

Our poor quail number three passed away last night.

LIfe is normal in the home of a hatcher.

Pics of the silkies! And sorry about button.. :( how is your daughter?

Today I got home and the silkies are pipped and fussing at me. Oh my! Also have pheasant and turkey due.

Our poor quail number three passed away last night.

LIfe is normal in the home of a hatcher.

Woo hoo! More babies on the way!!

Sorry about the button quail. I guess it was for the best.
sad.png

Did I read right on the goose thread that you are buying more eggs from Erin? When are you planning on doing that?

As soon as the silkies are finished, or at least the first of the 3 pipped ones, I'll get a pick.

Little Julia is unhappy, but decided to use her allowence she's saved to buy more button quail eggs. She won some on ebay yesterday. Now shes praying that her new eggs get here safely. I'm glad she didn't lose faith. Now the pressures on mom to make the babies hatch, apparently.
hmm.png

I've moved my still air to the bator room, sine it was in a part of the room that gets a little air movement, and the temps ranged a big.

Back
Top Bottom