Thread formerly known as Hatch day is today

but they take up so little space.......Come on Mr. DH, a few quail wont hurt
tongue.png

I keep teling ya'll NOT to encourage him!!!!
lau.gif
he's been looking at turkey eggs and I still need that shelf in the new bator!!
barnie.gif

Marty, sleep tight and hope you have a much better day tomorrow!

x2

Hey 70!!!!!!!!!!
Guess what!!! I hatched my very first egg from my girls a beautiful little girl whom I've named ash!
Now I'm concerned because her bill is all swollen up and Puffy looking :(
Any ideas?

Hey 70!!!!!!!!!!
Guess what!!! I hatched my very first egg from my girls a beautiful little girl whom I've named ash!
Now I'm concerned because her bill is all swollen up and Puffy looking :(
Any ideas?

That's wonderful about the hatch from your girls!! But not so good about the puffy bill :-( That is something I have not heard of before - a swollen bill. I'd be guessing an infection or else just a deformity. Do you think one of those is likely? Could you put up a pic?

I just candled them and threw them all out. Yes... you read that right.
Your kidding?
th.gif
Have you called them to see about getting replacements sent? That's horrible, you wait all this time just to get eggs and then nothing......
rant.gif

All 3 buff dewlaps are rocking it in the bator. The 1st one has even already started working on external pip! This is getting exciting!!
Woot! Can't wait to see little buff dewlaps hatch for you. I love love love them...... If I had more room I would have a flock of buffs and Gray Giant dewlap toulouse.

Will the ducks actually kill the ducklings? Poor Tony....Did he run out of food? Ah I bet that was fun meeting DG. Cute puppy. What breeds is he/she? Got a name picked out yet?

Yes, but they're not as likely. My adult mallard almost killed Beaker when I put them together. Just keep a close eye on it.
In fact, I just tried to put my "babies" with the adults and a silver Apple freaked and started attacking Fiona. I was like OH HECK NO!! And won't be trying that again anytime soon. The thing about a chicken is you'll see them getting picked on over time.. but with ducks, they just attack something and move on. Does that make sense?

awww poor old ferret. At least he has you to take care of him now.
love.gif

X3!

so it looks like i am going to have to clip miss white silkies nails tomarrow.
they are super long as if they were in a wire cage their entire life.
i put one of our cochin hens in with them so maybe they can make a friend and learn to be a chicken.
peas were a hit with the white hen.

in duckling news.
sold 8 ducklings today for a total of $62
=)
left with 8 babies i am keeping
and the 6 (i think) still for sale (all grey)

you go girl!

Your kidding?
th.gif
Have you called them to see about getting replacements sent? That's horrible, you wait all this time just to get eggs and then nothing......
rant.gif

Woot! Can't wait to see little buff dewlaps hatch for you. I love love love them...... If I had more room I would have a flock of buffs and Gray Giant dewlap toulouse.

I knew that was going to happen. All the yolks are completely scrambled. I've never seen anything like that before with my shipped eggs. I'm not going to deal with it. I'm just done with them.

Back
Top Bottom